What will I miss without Accusim?

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

What will I miss without Accusim?

Post by ryanbatc »

Hi, I'm a new user here and wondering what I'll miss if I do not buy the accusim version of the P51 civilan pack.

I'm a big fan of fast airplanes that can accept RXP GNS addons (lots of my flying is online) but I won't beat a dead horse about the current state of the RXP integration. The autopilot is a nice plus too.

$50 is a little steep for what I want to do with it... but I would gladly part with the $30. What would I be missing?

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: What will I miss without Accusim?

Post by guenseli »

I'm not sure if I understand you right regarding Accusm and the RXP GNS - they do not have anything to do with each other!

AccuSim itself is ... breathing live into your plane.
Don't know how I could describe it.

Imagine this wonderful 2000hp engine in the mustang and all what you are doing is to kick in full throttle without any consequences?
With Accusim you can really "feel" how the engine is doing ... you can hear and see if it is possibly idling a bit too low, if there's maybe one cylinder not in really good condition any more.

You have really to take care about your plane: you have to check fluids, oxygen etc (it is not the FSX 100% fuel with every loaded flight), you have to check your engine/plane and lookout if there are worn parts. You have to keep an eye about flap and gear speeds, you will feel the dissimilar drag when moving gears up or down.

As I said, I can't describe it in it's deepnes.

Really, a true story:
I had a VW beetle some years (the old one of course).
With this car, unlike with modern cars, you have to take care about the engine, you can hear how the engine "feels", you have to take care due to different weather conditions and once the engine is running it doesn't mean it does it continiously.
And really, the first time, I fired up the Accusim Spitfire, I had the same feeling again!
That's Accusim!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

ryanbatc wrote:Hi, I'm a new user here and wondering what I'll miss if I do not buy the accusim version of the P51 civilan pack.

I'm a big fan of fast airplanes that can accept RXP GNS addons (lots of my flying is online) but I won't beat a dead horse about the current state of the RXP integration. The autopilot is a nice plus too.

$50 is a little steep for what I want to do with it... but I would gladly part with the $30. What would I be missing?
If you get the P51 without accusim you will have the best Mustang using FSX alone that in my opinion has been possible to produce.
You get the P51 WITH accusim and and you are now using FSX as the STARTING POINT for your Mustang experience. FSX now becomes simply the world you are using to fly in. The Mustang on the other hand is now virtually a totally complete airplane whose every system has to be dealt with exactly as it has to be dealt with in the actual airplane.
With accusim, you are no longer "playing" with FSX. You are operating and flying an airplane as a pilot would be flying that airplane. In other words, you are no longer a "gamer". Accusim is SERIOUS business. When you start up, take off, and fly, then land an accusimmed P51, when you park it and close down FSX, you have accomplished as close to actually having flown a P51 as I believe has ever been made possible in a desktop simulator experience.
Not having accusim is like missing a date with Pamela Anderson because you had to mow the lawn.
Dudley Henriques

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Dudley Henriques wrote:missing a date with Pamela Anderson because you had to mow the lawn.
Substitute Sandra Bullock and I'm game. ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

CodyValkyrie wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:missing a date with Pamela Anderson because you had to mow the lawn.
Substitute Sandra Bullock and I'm game. ;)
Either way you're a winner..............unless you're mowing the lawn of course !
D

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

OK. Now go back to the lawn.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

What Guenseli and Dudley said. 8) Accusim heightens your awareness as a pilot, your pilot decision making processes become more important. For instance, now you have a real reason to do a runup, you really should check the suction, prop, mag drop...etc...they could actually exceed tolerances. The chances of things like that exceeding tolerances is related to your style of flying. If you are hard on the airplane, things will break/wear out quicker.

Think of going on to the flightline of a big flight school and seeing a large fleet of 172s. Every single one of those 172s will have a slightly different state of wear and tear, replaced part and so on. Each one might display differences in handling due to varying degrees of hard landings, worn engines...translate that to Accusim. Well, if you were to go to everyone's computer who has an accusim plane installed, each one will be unique. My P-51 will have a little different personality from Dudley's, different from Guenseli's, different from Scott's, Cody's...etc as a result of our different flying styles and skill levels.

I like to fly my P-40 like a bush plane...as a consequence, I am replacing brakes alot, and an occasional bent prop :). I credit the A2A Accu-simmed Cub for vastly improving my tail dragger flying. I don't have a TW sign off in real life, so I was muddling through my tailwheel landings more or less before.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

ryanbatc,

If you haven't looked over the product description for the Accu-Sim pack, take a look here: Link.

The short answer is that Accu-Sim makes the WoP3 P-51 behave as much like the real thing as possible, greatly beyond what the basic FSX code allows. You'll really have to know and understand the engine controls, the gauges, the oil system, the cooling system, the fuel system, the electrical system, the hydraulic system, the oxygen system...all at once! I admit that I am more than a little intimidated by the Accu-Sim Mustang, and sometimes I just open the sim and "sit" in the cockpit for a while without ever starting the engine, debating if I'm really willing to risk damaging the engine or wheel bearings for a quick circuit around the airfield. Yes, you will find yourself becoming that attached to your airplane and you will become very protective of the hours you accumulate between overhauls or major repairs. :)

I think most of us here who frequent this board are committed to Accu-Sim and we no longer think twice about whether or not to buy the Accu-Sim packs when we purchase the base models they support.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Thanks for the replies!

ssouchek
Airman

Post by ssouchek »

As they say, "Your plane becomes a living, breathing, oil burning, parts wearing out and breaking, machine. There is no more just gunning the engine and flying. You have to monitor ALL the aspects of the aircraft. I liked FSX, would fly every month or two for an hour and get bored, but with A2A, I fly daily, honestly. Own every WOP3 aircraft they've made, and couldn't LOVE it more.

You wont go wrong if you REALLY like flying. If you are just looking for a pretty plane, there are a bunch out there, but if you want reality plus the pretty plane, there is none better than A2A.

You wont be disappointed.

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

CodyValkyrie wrote: Substitute Sandra Bullock and I'm game. ;)

+1
ImageImageImage

HansRoaming
Airman First Class

Post by HansRoaming »

As someone who also has RXP add-ons I think the easiest way to explain is that you will have that same sense of WOW when you buy accusim.

Like Orbx scenery, REX Weather and RXP instruments, Accusim is a must have FSX add on, no question.

nk006
Airman Basic

Post by nk006 »

I am a newby but the Spitfire and the P51 with Accusim are more than fantastic!! The moment when you start-up these planes are super. I've got goose bumps from this... You are really a part of the plane. A must have for any simmer!! Combine it with REX, Ultimate scenery Europe, 3D lights redux and Accu-feel and you are in the air! Maybe for the programmers about us : when you developped the sound in 5.1 or even 7.1 digital surround, this will be the max!

OLDflyboy
Airman

Post by OLDflyboy »

Just make sure you realize: AccuSim is NOT for lazy pilots! A lazy pilot will die many horrible deaths or face endless ridicule with it.
On the other hand: With AccuSim you will likely park all your other craft indefinitely while learning how to manage a REAL plane.
Soon as I get off these crutches and get my Mustang repaired it will be back to the cockpit for me(doc says the groove in my forehead and broken nose make me look like a WWII vet).
Regards
Neal Howard

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

guenseli wrote:I'm not sure if I understand you right regarding Accusm and the RXP GNS - they do not have anything to do with each other!

AccuSim itself is ... breathing live into your plane.
Don't know how I could describe it.

Imagine this wonderful 2000hp engine in the mustang and all what you are doing is to kick in full throttle without any consequences?
With Accusim you can really "feel" how the engine is doing ... you can hear and see if it is possibly idling a bit too low, if there's maybe one cylinder not in really good condition any more.

You have really to take care about your plane: you have to check fluids, oxygen etc (it is not the FSX 100% fuel with every loaded flight), you have to check your engine/plane and lookout if there are worn parts. You have to keep an eye about flap and gear speeds, you will feel the dissimilar drag when moving gears up or down.

As I said, I can't describe it in it's deepnes.

Really, a true story:
I had a VW beetle some years (the old one of course).
With this car, unlike with modern cars, you have to take care about the engine, you can hear how the engine "feels", you have to take care due to different weather conditions and once the engine is running it doesn't mean it does it continiously.
And really, the first time, I fired up the Accusim Spitfire, I had the same feeling again!
That's Accusim!
Nice discription, Guenter :wink:

If you know your virtual plane is developed by professionals in aviation, and you can trust this bird is working so close to the real thing - you handle it with more care. If you have an issue with a plane, your first thought is "what did i wrong" and not this plane is full of bugs.
At this planes you can bring your real world aviation experience into FSX without being disappointed.

Accusim planes talks to you, you can feel how the plane feels, what it likes and what don´t. You have to understand what the plane says and handle it that way. If you understand the plane better, you fly even longer without issues. That is a great feedback to the pilot and very interesting training for real world pilots and maintenance staff as well as flightsim enthusiasts who want to learn how things in a plane really works.

It is so nice to have accusim, cannot stop saying thanks to the entire team for their professional work getting better and better in every new release :wink:
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”