Italian Air Force repaint version 2.1

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Scanta
Airman First Class

Italian Air Force repaint version 2.1

Post by Scanta »

I have updated my Italian Air Force repaints: added stencils, new fin badge and some refinement here and there.

there are two sets: early markings and late markings (more weathered).

Hope you like them :D

download: (update 29/11/2013) https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgqv40iotiapg ... e.zip?dl=0

Cristiano
Last edited by Scanta on 17 Oct 2018, 06:20, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage

wlucas
Airman Basic

Re: Italian Air Force repaint version 2

Post by wlucas »

Cristiano,

Outstanding repaints--hope you'll be doing more!
Along with the Royal Thai AF, Italian AF have the nicest looking roundels of any, IMHO!
Ciao! :D
"Hold on to your dentures Granny, we're gonna pull some G's"

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Bellissimo, grazie! :wink:
Ros

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

wlucas wrote:Cristiano,

Along with the Royal Thai AF, Italian AF have the nicest looking roundels of any, IMHO!
ha, this is where my colorblindness kicks in...is the green in the middle or the outside?

It looks real nice, but I'd prefer it if you got rid of the overwing shadow.
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Scanta
Airman First Class

Post by Scanta »

jcblom wrote:
wlucas wrote:Cristiano,

ha, this is where my colorblindness kicks in...is the green in the middle or the outside?

It looks real nice, but I'd prefer it if you got rid of the overwing shadow.
thanks! :mrgreen:

From the outside the color order is red, white and green. I think you are right for the overwing shadow i will look into it. I'm planning to do an Italian AF 'stang in the target towing colours too.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scanta
Airman First Class

Post by Scanta »

I have updated the textures, now without the overwing shadows. Updated link in the fist post and in the finished repaints topic
ImageImage
ImageImage

lanf
Airman Basic

Re: Italian Air Force repaint version 2.1

Post by lanf »

Bravo!Lavoro FANTASTICO!
Richiesta: riesci a modificarlo come uno dei 2 P-51 mandati in Somalia al tempo dell' Amm Fiduciaria nel dopoguerra?
Non riesco a postare l'immagine perche mi dice "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." ma è al 99% uguale cambia l'MM 4237, ha solo le coccarde e nessun altra insegna, e un "1" nero sulla fusoliera in corrispondenza dell'antenna; non sono riuscito a capire il colore dell'ogiva :oops:
Dal Libro: http://tuttostoria.it/Apps/WebObjects/T ... 7&lang=ita
Grazie mille!!

For all the foreigners: :mrgreen:
Good JOB!
Could you please modify it like one one of the 2 P-51 sent to Somalia during the Italian UN mandate after WW2 ('50s-'60s)?
Excuse me but I can't post any immage, it keeps telling me "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." but it's 99% the same, only the serial change, 4237, and it has only the national insignas, no squadron serials\letters\patches at all, only one black "1" on the fuselage at the bottom of where the antenna is located, couldn't sort out the nose color :oops:
From the book: http://tuttostoria.it/Apps/WebObjects/T ... 7&lang=ita
Thanks a LOT!!

Scanta
Airman First Class

Post by Scanta »

lanf wrote:Bravo!Lavoro FANTASTICO!
Richiesta: riesci a modificarlo come uno dei 2 P-51 mandati in Somalia al tempo dell' Amm Fiduciaria nel dopoguerra?
Non riesco a postare l'immagine perche mi dice "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." ma è al 99% uguale cambia l'MM 4237, ha solo le coccarde e nessun altra insegna, e un "1" nero sulla fusoliera in corrispondenza dell'antenna; non sono riuscito a capire il colore dell'ogiva :oops:
Dal Libro: http://tuttostoria.it/Apps/WebObjects/T ... 7&lang=ita
Grazie mille!!

For all the foreigners: :mrgreen:
Good JOB!
Could you please modify it like one one of the 2 P-51 sent to Somalia during the Italian UN mandate after WW2 ('50s-'60s)?
Excuse me but I can't post any immage, it keeps telling me "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." but it's 99% the same, only the serial change, 4237, and it has only the national insignas, no squadron serials\letters\patches at all, only one black "1" on the fuselage at the bottom of where the antenna is located, couldn't sort out the nose color :oops:
From the book: http://tuttostoria.it/Apps/WebObjects/T ... 7&lang=ita
Thanks a LOT!!
Grazie mille!

In realtà avrei già pronto un Mustang con i colori somali io però mi ero basato su un profilo trovato su internet. Questo aveva il numero "2" e l'ogiva nera. Purtroppo non sono in possesso del libro che hai citato ma posso facilmente modificarlo secondo le tue indicazioni.

In fact I already prepared a Mustang with the colors of Somalia but it was based on a profile found on the internet. This had the number "2" and the spinner black. Unfortunately I'm not in possession of the book you mentioned but I can easily modify it according to your instructions.

Grazie

Cristiano
ImageImage
ImageImage

lanf
Airman Basic

Post by lanf »

Grazie per l'aiuto!
L'aereo in questione non era "somalo" era uno dei 4 mandati in Somalia dall'AMI nel primo dopoguerra con i colori italiani per pattugliare il territorio contro i predoni sotto mandato ONU.
Forse tramite link ti riesco a fare vedere lo scan del libro: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/7nu4b
Il MM 4237 proviene dal Centro Add. Tiro di Brindisi (ogiva verde, quindi, penso...) e arriva in Somalia nel febbraio 1950, finito il riassemblaggio il 14.3.1950 con gli atri tre MM 4239 (distrutto in incidente di volo il 20.3.1950 con perdita del Pilota Serg. Magg. Pil. Bruno Munarin) MM 4250 e MM 4259.
Dopo un anno di attività di pattugliamento nell'interno somalo contro le bande di banditi nell'area, i 3 velivoli superstiti vengono rimpatriati in Italia via mare l'8.6.1951
Consiglio vivamente il libro in questione, racconta di un'operazione largamente sconosciuta dell' AM.

Thanks for the help!
The plane didn't belong to the somali air force, but was one of 4 italian air force plane sent to Somalia under UN mandate to secure the internal areas against unlawful incursions against villages by marauders.
Here the pic: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/7nu4b
Serial 4237 used to belong to the air to air weapons school in Brindisi (green nose, I think) and arrives in Somalia during february 1950, after being reassembled on 14.3.1950 with the other 3 P-51 serials 4239 (crashed on 20.3.1950, Pilot killed) 4250, 4259.
After one year of COIN activity, the remaining 3 planes are sent back to Italy by sea

THANKS A LOT!!!

Scanta
Airman First Class

Post by Scanta »

Grazie per le informazioni, in effetti non conoscevo questo tipo di operazione; grazie anche per la foto il repaint arriverà a breve 8)

Thanks for the info, in fact I did not know this kind of operation, thanks for the picture too, the repaint will arrive shortly. 8)
ImageImage
ImageImage

lanf
Airman Basic

Post by lanf »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GRAZIE\THANK YOU!!

Scanta
Airman First Class

Post by Scanta »

Link updated
ImageImage
ImageImage

Spamcan51
Airman First Class

Post by Spamcan51 »

Scanta wrote: 29 Jan 2013, 06:46 I have updated the textures, now without the overwing shadows. Updated link in the fist post and in the finished repaints topic
still available?

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”