This plane will always be my #1...

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Dooga
Staff Sergeant

This plane will always be my #1...

Post by Dooga »

Wanted to share a few shots from tonights flight, Seiku-Port Angeles-Skagit

I've not been flying the Mustang much lately, due to so many other planes wanting attention - but every time I get back to it I'm blown away anew, this plane is simply amazing.

If you want a real thrill, do a takeoff on a narrow runway with trees really close on each side. The feeling of speed is on par with Wipeout, plus it sounds a lot better!

Funny place for an airport, Port Angeles (KNOW) - coming in for landing with some crosswind.

I need to explore a lot more, never seen this marvelous bridge and power lines before, hat to take a close look :)

Tack-Krk-Tick-...

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: This plane will always be my #1...

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I hammered Scott for years for a P-51. When Accusim came out, we all knew the game had changed. I continued to drool for a long time, wishing that she would finally grace us. She's still my number one bird, and likely always will be. My passion for the P-51 goes all the way to my childhood, and I simply couldn't imagine my simulator without her now.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great shots Dooga and certainly, that is one narrow runway! :shock:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

What repaint is that and where can I get it? It looks good and I wouldn't mind having it in my hanger. :)

Cheers
Steve

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

bladerunner900 wrote:What repaint is that and where can I get it? It looks good and I wouldn't mind having it in my hanger. :)

Cheers
Steve
Steve, I got it from here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 93&t=38805

If the mediafire link is broken either ask the guy who did the repaint or let me know, we'll arrange something!

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hey, thanks man. I really appreciate that. The link in the next to last post is still working so I got it now. :D

All the best.
Steve.

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Ooh, don't go posting pictures like that. I've been wanting to buy the P-51 but I'm trying to budget! XD

Seriously, though, the Pacific NW is a lovely place to fly when the weather occasionally decides to cooperate. Got my PPL flying out of KBFI. That bridge you found looks like Deception Pass. We'll take my dad's sailboat up through there from time to time on summer boating trips. I tell you, it looks just as impressive from below as above!

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

EnDSchultz wrote:Ooh, don't go posting pictures like that. I've been wanting to buy the P-51 but I'm trying to budget! XD

Seriously, though, the Pacific NW is a lovely place to fly when the weather occasionally decides to cooperate. Got my PPL flying out of KBFI. That bridge you found looks like Deception Pass. We'll take my dad's sailboat up through there from time to time on summer boating trips. I tell you, it looks just as impressive from below as above!

Ooh... you actually live up in that area? That must be unbelievable for flying (if, as you say, the weather lets you) - I mean it's breathtaking in the simulator already... lucky man!

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Dooga wrote:
EnDSchultz wrote:Ooh, don't go posting pictures like that. I've been wanting to buy the P-51 but I'm trying to budget! XD

Ooh... you actually live up in that area? That must be unbelievable for flying (if, as you say, the weather lets you) - I mean it's breathtaking in the simulator already... lucky man!
Sure is! Can be exciting getting in and out of KBFI because you've got KSEA Bravo airspace over your head the whole way, plus lots of big cargo jets (it's a major UPS hub), corporate jets, and the occasional military plane coming in on the big runway (31L/13R), loads of training flights in the pattern especially on sunny days, plus the occasional chopper cutting through the midst of it all as they are wont to do... Add onto that the close proximity of KRNT which gets its own share of small and medium sized traffic, and there's never a dull moment.

But it's all worth the stupendous scenery. Here are a few shots my instructor took with his phone about a year ago on a training flight with me:

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz11 ... mage1.jpeg -It was a southerly traffic flow that day and we opted to use the big runway so we'd have as much distance as possible to climb over this morning fog bank lingering to the south over KSEA; I was lucky enough to be cleared for a touch-and-go at that monster during a night training flight when there wasn't much traffic around!

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz11 ... mage2.jpeg -I think this was taken just south of Enumclaw, which is southeast of the Seattle area, obviously looking south towards the gorgeous Mt. Ranier

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz11 ... mage3.jpeg -Another shot from that area looking north along the Cascades

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz11 ... mage4.jpeg -Downtown Bellevue, just opposite of Seattle on the east side of Lake Washington

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz11 ... mage5.jpeg -And of course that unmistakable metropolis itself.

Anyway, don't mean to steal the thread, but we were talking about Washington scenery so it seemed appropriate. :lol:

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”