Marinell & Janie Request for WOP3 P-51D FSX

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
liljim121
Airman

Marinell & Janie Request for WOP3 P-51D FSX

Post by liljim121 »

Hello! Id like to make a request and i hope this is possible to any repainters out there that could create Maurice Hammonds Mustangs Marinell & Janie. This is there official site: http://www.hardwickwarbirds.com/Hardwic ... field.html

I have many of the P-51 repaints that are based all over the UK. But it seems these ones havent been created for FSX! :( I see that Janie has been created for FS2004 on the WOP2 version but it needs to shown once again for the WOP3 version including Marinell!

Thank you for reading this post. If i missed anything required to know more about the mustangs let me know lol. As im new to the posts on the A2A Simulations Community.

- Jim
ImageImageImageImage

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Re: Marinell & Janie Request for WOP3 P-51D FSX

Post by norfolkmike »

I'd like to see either of those myself! I did recreate Maurice Hammond's grass strip using the Orbx object library for personal use (of course). Things like their 3D grass, blister hangar, hedging and agricultural silos. A Marinell repaint would be a great accompaniment for that!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes I must admit that would a great subject for a couple of repaints 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

liljim121
Airman

Post by liljim121 »

Haha thats pretty cool that youve created your own personal hardwick airfield. Hopefully one day orbx create an airstrip like that one day so i can get my hands on it :D!!

But i really do hope it goes out to people, that these are the only ones that are really missing for the WOP3 Mustang! :cry:

Also congratulations on the A2A Piper Cherokee youve created. Ill be the first one buying that, its currently the aircraft ive been in for a flying lesson and its nearly identical looks awesome :D!
ImageImageImageImage

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

Yes, I've spent many an hour searching for a Marinell or Janie repaint, to no avail. Using the FTX Library objects in conjunction with A.D.E, a "Maurice Hammond's Private Strip" is a fun place to operate in and out of. Maybe if I find my old CVX file, I can send you that, leaving you to decorate the field with the appropriate Silos, hedge, volumetric grass, blister hangar etc? Assuming you have something like "InstantScenery" at your disposal? Actually, you could do the object placements with A.D.E which is a freeware tool, albeit a little more complicated.

Oh, the pic was taken at the 1940s dance there last year. Staggering around in WW2 flight overalls, an A2 Jacket and "in liquor", Marinell as a backdrop and the dulcet tones of a Miller number emanating from the blister hangar is a rather intoxicating combination for a confirmed retro nut like myself! :mrgreen:

liljim121
Airman

Post by liljim121 »

Wow what an awesome experience being part of that for 1940's dance with marinell outside. Absolutely amazing! Well ive never used InstantScenery or anything like that at all, are they quite hard to use? If not then im willing to try to see how it goes haha. Or if youve got the files that would be great! 8)
ImageImageImageImage

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

There are few things that evoke the 40s era better than Maurice’s annual event! The Johnathon Wyatt big band churning out the Miller numbers, folk being bussed in aboard vintage coaches of the era, everyone dressed in their 40s refinery, the nubile wenches gleefully showing off their seamed stockings at every opportunity, the two resident Mustangs standing proudly on display, and BEER!!

InstantScenery is a payware addon that effectively allows you to locate any object in your FSX/P3D library, and plonk it straight into your scenery, live on the screen. It is REALLY easy to use, and the more addon airports and scenery you have, the more objects will be at your disposal. So, if you wanted to add an OrbX static Cessna to an otherwise bland apron, you can, as long as it’s only for your own personal use.

A.D.E, or Airport Design Editor is free, but it can do essentially the same thing. It is however a little trickier to use because you’ll merely be placing boxes that represent the ‘object’, and you’ll not be able to see that object in situ until you open FSX. Only then will you realise that control tower is facing the wrong way! :roll:

Both have their merits, but if you just want to decorate airfields with static objects, volumetric grass, OrbX ‘creature flow’ etc, then InstantScenery will be more versatile, quicker and probably quite addictive!

What I can do with regards to “the file” is give you the grass runway, the airfield perimeter and the small roads that remain from WW2 which are still used for access tracks. It will look bare, but once you’ve edged the runway with 3D grass, placed the hedging that runs parallel to the runway, put the OrbX Agricultural silos into position and added a blister hangar it will look rather nice!

Give me a few days to find my own version of Hardwick (Maurice Hammond’s Strip), and I’ll put it into OrbX England, then take a screenshot before sending you the bare bones file, and you should be able to pretty much copy it like for like using the default/FTX objects library. I don't think aiding and abetting your cause in that way would be falling foul of the 'rools'. :mrgreen:

Tom_Weiss
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tom_Weiss »

I will put them in my to do list

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

These are the first Mustangs my Son has ever seen, and also seen in flight at Leiston memorial day and Thorpe Abbots during the 40's day. Would love to see them in FSX.

thanks,
Lewis

liljim121
Airman

Post by liljim121 »

Thanks mike, that sounds like a great idea of the upcoming screenshot of your creation! And ill give you my approval! Honestly all them scenery programs are not really my thing. I could consider them all in the future, but i know id never use them lol.

Omg Tom! Thank you so much man, I know you created the Ferocious Frankie Paint Scheme and many others. Im definitely looking forward to seeing this creation from you 8) 8) 8) 8)

But gosh im having so many issues with Orbx lately, as ive bought many of their products but its messed all my scenery globally :shock:
I have FTX Global, FTX Global Vector, All FTX North America, FTX Alaska, FTX England Full, FTX Scotland Full, FTX Wales , FTX Northern Ireland including some airports too. But whats the right way to install all of them in the right order? I mean ive done all of them first then the patches but it seems North America overlaps everything globally? Do i have to do North America first before everything else? Before you ask, yes i do check the FTX Central to see its going to the right regions on each one they are absolutely fine lol. Sorry for the random questions, just been bugging me lately how its so picky on how you install it the right way lol.

Thanks for your help so far guys! :D

-Jim
ImageImageImageImage

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

Hi Jim.

Evidently, when clearing out my folders, I also binned Maurice Hammond’s Private strip together with all my (modest) WW2 creations. No matter, I’m now in the process of remaking the aforementioned home of the Hardwick Warbirds, and this time around I’ll endeavour to use more ‘default’ objects, meaning I can send it to you in finished form. It won’t look as good as my own OrbX objects version, but Marinell is going to need a stable! And, it'll take a little longer.

Yep, great news that Tom is on the case!! I too have Ferocious Frankie and Tom’s Marinell & Janie are going to look fantastic! 8)

Right, your OrbX dilemma. I have to say, I have every OrbX region as well as several of their add-on airfields, but increasingly I’m gravitating towards MegaSceneryEarth’s photo real. Nothing wrong with OrbX of course, it’s just my own preferred option at this time.

I do seem to recall when installing OrbX, I did the region first, and then the patches and finally the Libraries. You ALWAYS have to reinstall the latest libraries after installing a region otherwise the user control panel (AKA FTX Central) does strange things! For example, there was no Oceania region (it was simply called Australia) until OrbX developed New Zealand, and until the latest library is installed it bewilders the bejesus out of FTX central!

It is such a complex beastie, that if you’ve inadvertently fouled up, I’d be tempted to just wipe FSX and reinstall. The region downloads are now fully patched, which might make life simpler! I got most of mine in the Christmas sale, which meant installing several regions, patches and airfields back to back, but luckily it all worked out! I did Australia first, New Zealand, Alaska and finally the North American regions, rerunning the library after each region install, but the order of region install shouldn’t really matter.

The only thing I didn’t get was their vectors. I used UTX Europe, and opted for UTX NA when it was initially said that Vectors wouldn’t have a user control interface. I’m not saying that FTX vectors is the cause of your woes, but if your global landscape has changed, it might be worth unchecking vectors in the scenery library to see if that’s the cause?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Awesome, do we have a shiney type one Tom?

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

awesome, cheers Tom 8)

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”