Hours Lost

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
danb12
Staff Sergeant

Hours Lost

Post by danb12 »

Hi all,

I have just landed at an airfield I fly to very regularly and for some reason the P-51 flipped onto it's nose despite it being a good landing,,,

Anyway, went to replace the dat file with my back up and it seems to have gone to 0.0 hours!!

Have tried the back up dat files in the folder? but they do not seem to work either, is there any way to get these back?!

Thanks
Dan

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: Hours Lost

Post by Roadburner426 »

Afraid not.. seems if your backup didn't work that something went amiss. That or it is a backup for the other 51 (civilian or military whichever one you weren't flying if you have both).. I back mine up after every flight and test it every now and again and it works. I just copy it to the desktop from the Documents/A2A/P51civ folder. Only thing I can suggest is trying it again. Am sorry to hear about your loss though as that sucks. Been there and done that a lot with the P-47, and P-51D WWII variant.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Darn it!!

I was hoping you were going to say that they can be fixed! I only have about 60hours of it (WWII) and have the Civ Mustang too... not sure what has happened, but nevermind, we shall start again!

Thanks for your input!

Dan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Dan,

you will want to check you are backing up the right file and also that you are using the correct file names. If you use the wrong names a new dat file will be generated that will have 0 hours and be new.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Hi Lewis,

I had definitely backed up the right file as I have used it in the past... I just save a copy to my desktop to keep it away from everything.

One thing I did notice, there were lots of back up files in the same folder as the .DAT file? Is this correct?

How do I go about using one of these as I couldnt seem to get a couple of those to work either... :S

Thanks for the reply!

Dan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

those are backup's to use those simply rename them to the correct name (removing the number for example) and they will be used.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

OK thanks Lewis, I will try and use one of those and cross my fingers it restores my hours, if not it gives me a good excuse to fly the Mil version more!!

Thanks!
Dan

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Good news!! I had made a back-up elsewhere so have my hours back (after fixing a few things... engineer not happy!!)

Thanks
Dan

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”