Eliteaviator NEW P-51 (Glass Cockpit)

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Eliteaviator NEW P-51 (Glass Cockpit)

Post by pilottj »

Yeah there are a few TF-51Ds around such as Lady Jo and Crazy Horse. I am sure Dudley knows a few of them.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Interseting. *cough*

I, Bladerunner900 (Steve), do formerly volunteer as a "guinea-pig", to undergo any trials deemed necessary, to investigating the feasibility of a back seat in the new Eliteaviator P-51 on the following conditions.

1. Take off must be immediately followed by a high G climb, to an altitude at the discretion of the pilot.
2. All manoeuvres must present the option for an involuntary bowel movement, or not.
3. The pilot must perform at least one loop. (more than one is acceptable)
4. The pilot must fly inverted, the duration of which at his discretion.
5. Regulations permitting, the pilot must perform a simulated strafing run on any press or bystanders.
6. The pilot must also perform any extra manoeuvres commensurate to his wishes and ability.
7. All pleas of intervention, by myself, to any deity must be ignored.
7. The landing must be, if possible, a "combat landing".

I leave it to the appropriate authorities or legislators to draw up the appropriate disclaimer documents.

:mrgreen:

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Here is the big question is there a prototype flying ? I could not find anything at the site about a flying prototype. Call me cynical but I have seen lots of promos that never come to fruition. If I have missed something my apology to whomever!

Fedex B17Pilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fedex B17Pilot »

bladerunner900 wrote:Did they not convert any into trainers? I know the Spitfire trainers were primarily a post war program but some were converted during.
4th FG had one that i know of WD-2 336th FS

ImageImageImage

NAA551WB
Senior Airman

Post by NAA551WB »

I doubt it will ever come to fruition and I seriously question if this is actually a real company. For one the pictures they have are "stolen" from quite a few famous photog's and photoshopped them to use on their page with giving the photogs credit. Secondly the cockpit they are showing is that of the Viper jet. The company that made the Viper Jet went belly up a few years ago but I believe there are at least a few flying.

http://www.wotol.com/1-viper-viperjet-m ... _id/610481

I seriously hope that no one takes this seriously and actually invests in this.

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

NAA551WB wrote:I doubt it will ever come to fruition and I seriously question if this is actually a real company. For one the pictures they have are "stolen" from quite a few famous photog's and photoshopped them to use on their page with giving the photogs credit. Secondly the cockpit they are showing is that of the Viper jet. The company that made the Viper Jet went belly up a few years ago but I believe there are at least a few flying.

http://www.wotol.com/1-viper-viperjet-m ... _id/610481

I seriously hope that no one takes this seriously and actually invests in this.
Agreed, I think you hit the nail right on the head. It seems very tacky, with exaggerations, nonsensical statements, typos, inconsistent formatting... And then there's the little note at the bottom,
Information Availible for Logged in Members

Detailed Specs and Documents

Downloadable PDF's and Images

Please Log in.
What? There's not even a way to "log in", and "Available" is misspelled. Why would you need to "log in" to get information? A shame, but this looks very fake to me.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

I wonder how much it would cost to actually tool a production line and essentially reproduce old aircraft like the P-51 from scratch, perhaps for a very elite enthusiast market? :shock:

FYI, Supermarine are producing the Spitfire again! Kinda. I mean if Hobbits are planning to build an air force with leftover parts from old lawn mowers.... :roll: http://www.supermarineaircraft.com/

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”