Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Update 5_9_16 DOWNLOAD

Post by Ron Attwood »

I'm downloading as we speak. Wouldn't you know, W7 just shut down correctly AND rebooted correctly for the first time. Aaaagh!
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Ron,
There was some chat on simouthouse about microsoft has pulled the plug on reinstall of FSX.

The only alternative is FSX steam,which I have in reserve.I would be pleased to know how you get on,because I am

thinking of going to win 10 and reinstalling FSXA.

Lewis runs FSX steam and swears by it,so think on ( then you can get him to sort out the thing)

Have a good weekend.

Cheers Chris

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

FSX has installed just fine, authorised online very quickly. No problem. That's been the least of my problems. In fact I've just had my first flight in over a week. Whaddya know? I CAN smile! :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

GregH
Airman Basic

Post by GregH »

Hey all,

I have just purchased the T6 this past weekend. Love it. Flew the real thing for a while too :-)
Quick questions on this update given that I have just downloaded it - do I need to run this update, which was published before I purchased, or will it have been incorporated into the current installer?

Also, I am running P3Dv3 - the initial post about this update specifically refers to "Flight Simulator X". Maybe the update does not apply in my case then?

Thanks

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

GregH wrote:Hey all,

I have just purchased the T6 this past weekend. Love it. Flew the real thing for a while too :-)
Quick questions on this update given that I have just downloaded it - do I need to run this update, which was published before I purchased, or will it have been incorporated into the current installer?

Also, I am running P3Dv3 - the initial post about this update specifically refers to "Flight Simulator X". Maybe the update does not apply in my case then?

Thanks
Hi,

Yes you will wan to download and install the update. The installer of the plane is always the basic version. The updater is universal and will detect your install (FSX or P3D) and update it correctly. It's pretty amazing I have to say.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

voltigeurramon
Airman

Post by voltigeurramon »

After reinstalling FSX (on windows 10), I tried to update all the a2a aircraft. Downloading the files is all good, but when the update should be installed, I get this error message: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. This happens with every a2a aircraft I have (172, 182, J3 and Cherokee). I tried reinstalling the these a2a aircraft. I re downloaded the updater several times now. Is there something else I can do? I'm running windows 10 64 bit. Any help is as always appreciated :) .

Ramon

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

voltigeurramon wrote:After reinstalling FSX (on windows 10), I tried to update all the a2a aircraft. Downloading the files is all good, but when the update should be installed, I get this error message: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. This happens with every a2a aircraft I have (172, 182, J3 and Cherokee). I tried reinstalling the these a2a aircraft. I re downloaded the updater several times now. Is there something else I can do? I'm running windows 10 64 bit. Any help is as always appreciated :) .

Ramon
Are you running the update as admin via right click and run as admin if given the option in your OS?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dersjen
Airman Basic

Post by Dersjen »

Hi, I just downloaded the updater to get the newest version of the Cessna 172 Trainer. Little did I know that when I went back and flew the aircraft, the turn indicator stopped working. Do you know if this is a common occurence, or if there is something I have done or if there may be something wrong with the updater? Thanks in advance!

Dersjen
Airman Basic

Post by Dersjen »

Hi, I downloaded the updater to get the newest version of the Cessna 172 Trainer. Little did I know that when I went back and flew the aircraft, the turn indicator had stopped working. Do you guys know if this is a common occurence, or if there is something I may have done or if there may be something wrong with the update I downloaded?

voltigeurramon
Airman

Post by voltigeurramon »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
voltigeurramon wrote:After reinstalling FSX (on windows 10), I tried to update all the a2a aircraft. Downloading the files is all good, but when the update should be installed, I get this error message: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. This happens with every a2a aircraft I have (172, 182, J3 and Cherokee). I tried reinstalling the these a2a aircraft. I re downloaded the updater several times now. Is there something else I can do? I'm running windows 10 64 bit. Any help is as always appreciated :) .

Ramon
Are you running the update as admin via right click and run as admin if given the option in your OS?

thanks,
Lewis
This did the trick, little stupid of me that I didn't think of that myself lol. Thanks a lot for the help

Dersjen
Airman Basic

Post by Dersjen »

Never mind, I am stupid... In my efforts of trying to figure out all the buttons, I accidentally turned off the turn indicator circuit breaker! Just keep scrolling folks, nothing to see here!

liftwartbertl
Airman

Post by liftwartbertl »

Just a short question. I bought the A2A Cessna 172 and the A2A Piper Cherokee in 2014 and made no update since then. Can I just download the update on the first page of this thread and install it to have both planes up to date? Thanks.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

liftwartbertl wrote:Just a short question. I bought the A2A Cessna 172 and the A2A Piper Cherokee in 2014 and made no update since then. Can I just download the update on the first page of this thread and install it to have both planes up to date? Thanks.
Hi,

Yes you can. The updater will check your installation and determine what needs to be updated and then get you there. It's really easy. Just download an run as administrator and when it's done you're all set.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Anyone noticed the following?
I only have FSX:Steam installed, so no P3D, but in the A2A folder in documents, I can find FSX AND P3D subfolders.

Changed the Cherokee input configuration and the axis.config file is located in both subfolders.

Regards
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

fasurveyor
Airman

Post by fasurveyor »

Not really sure that this is the 'appropriate place' to drop a question.. I've a couple of A2A purchases, the last being the 182T. I suppose I should state the issue that brings me here is that when reviewing recorded flights with A2A aircraft with 'FS Recorder 2.17a' (http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewto ... f=14&t=683), that the engine on the 182T quits, with out fail, about 3 or 4 minutes in to viewing the FS Recorded flight. You might well imagine the immediate sense of futility and frustration; when attempting to review a 2hr flight with the prop not turning!

Viewing the very many items you have on this forum, I've noted that this item 'might' address the issue I've mentioned. Does this update actually resolve the quitting engine inside the FS Recorded flight? Do your last updates include past updated features? In other words are they an 'aggregate' of the many prior updates, or does one have to find each and every update for the preceding years? Thank you for your considerate reply!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”