Finally, the whole package

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Finally, the whole package

Post by taildraggin68 »

So........I had the P-51 civ without accusim and it was a great simulation.

Broke down and got the mil version with accusim.........................

for some reason all I can think of is a certain song by Dangerous Toys.."Sportin' a ........" :shock:

I think I just drooled a little :D

Macoy_AbZ
Airman Basic

Re: Finally, the whole package

Post by Macoy_AbZ »

What are the main differences between the two A2A Mustangs?

I love the Civilian Mustang with AccuSim and I'm thinking about buying the Military version too.

They have the same FDE?

Thanks a lot...

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Allowing for differences in gauges, guns, ammo, attachment points for weapons, fuel pods etc, they fly pretty much the same, just the weight differences and CoG differences can make it a much different beast......

That said, I feel the mil version handles a touch "easier"? for lack of a better description.

The accu-sim does indeed make these two come alive. I like it a lot :D

Great job A2A.......The addition of accusim to the civ P-51 plus the mil version makes for some mighty fine immersion......

need bigger hanger 8)

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Most obvious difference is the WW2 cockpit with the Mil version. The other big thing is weight. The Mil being heavier. Very noticeable between the two. This makes the Mil version a bit slower. Especially climbing with the drop tanks installed. But with the drop tanks, it has much greater range, and more drag with the pylons/tanks installed. Like taildraggin68 has said, accusim makes them come alive.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Well I now have 1.5 hours in the properly accu-simmed P-51's and I must say it has added a new dimension to the airplane. I love the other A2A planes, but this P-51 just is just flat out fun. Challenging, but very doable. Keeps you on your toes. No scratches, dents, or anything blown up :D Another 38.5 hours and maybe I can call myself a rookie P-51 Pilot 8)

Thanks again A2A

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

I've been slowly completing a round-the-world flight in the Accusim P-51. Started on the US west coast and now I'm doing some scenic flying around Mt. Everest and the Himalayas. Too much fun!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”