Question about P-51 and P3D

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Demious
Airman First Class

Question about P-51 and P3D

Post by Demious »

I've been looking at the P-51 so often, already, but since it's for FSX and I'm using P3D I'm not to sure about trying it.

Is it allowed to be used in P3D? And if so, does it work properly in 2.4?

Are there any future plans for a P3D version of this aircraft? If there is and I would start with the currently available FSX version, would I have to buy a whole new aircraft, or would the upgrade be free?

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Question about P-51 and P3D

Post by taildraggin68 »

The P-51 works great in P3D to include 2.4 and the updater will find it in p3d for updates. I do not believe you will receive any official support as it is not licensed for p3d, but it does work well.

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Completely agree with Taildraggin68.

Also, the B17, P47 and the Piper Cub work just fine in P3DV2.4. I also have the native P3D Cherokee and C172. Great aircraft!!
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

Thanks for the info guys! :D

I recently bought the Cherokee and I love the accusim system! And lately I've been looking more at old school aircrafts and the P-51 seems like a really cool aircraft.
Good to hear it works, gonna buy it right away! ;)

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

Indeed works like a dream! Installed it with Migration tool and no problems whatsoever, very nice.

My compliments to the A2A team, this things is absolutely amazing! Not the easiest aircraft to fly, but I like the challenge. I dressed it up with the beautiful 'Black Magic'-paint from Alan Wengren, I found on this forum and it looks amazing. I love the additions to the cockpit in the Civilian model, classic, functional and complete. I'm in awe! I think I found a new favorite aircraft. :P

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”