Reno Relaxation....

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Reno Relaxation....

Post by taildraggin68 »

A little time building in the P-51......some laps, then a little jaunt over the hills.....

Got to dress appropriately

Horsepower and altitude therapy.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Reno Relaxation....

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great stuff, good to see you enjoying the Mustang and of course the cracking repaints from a certain racing fan :mrgreen: 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Yes those racing paints are sweet, and the practice on the course is helpful as the Mustang will bite if pushed too hard.....working on the speed and lines, and slowly getting lower altitude.....hoping to be a contender in some future races :D

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

There ya go! Glad to see you running some laps. You should come on TS in the evenings with us. We fly the pace lap and then hit the course. We run 8 laps and the more you fly with others the better you'll get and fast too. We fly all the classes too, Sport, Unlimited, F1 and so on....
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Have you tried the Reno missions? The missions put you in the FSX Mustang against other ai Mustangs at Reno. The neat thing is that there is additional scenery including crowds, static a/c, etc.

I've dabbled with it a couple times and found that you can switch aircraft if you allow editing to the mission before selecting it. Haven't flown the A2A Mustang as yet, but did some posing ...

I'm not a scenery expert but I've read elsewhere that there is a way to preserve the additional scenery enhancements from the missions to free flight. That's what I'd like to see... some day. :mrgreen:

--WH

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

The missions are OK and can get you on more of a learning process but we have taken the Reno location and the actual pylons and redid the whole scenery including exact locations via GPS locations of all pylons plus added photo realistic scenery and a few other goodies. This was all done by fsxar177 who runs our FASA site. When you have 4 or more pilots flying these courses online then it makes it a whole lot more interesting since there are actual pilots flying and not AI aircraft. It's a lot more realistic.
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:The missions are OK and can get you on more of a learning process but we have taken the Reno location and the actual pylons and redid the whole scenery including exact locations via GPS locations of all pylons plus added photo realistic scenery and a few other goodies. This was all done by fsxar177 who runs our FASA site. When you have 4 or more pilots flying these courses online then it makes it a whole lot more interesting since there are actual pilots flying and not AI aircraft. It's a lot more realistic.
Sounds interesting. Unfortunately, I am not doing MP with FSX. I did once or twice with FS9 and realized that it didn't work for me and my schedule. So I fly when I can and when the wife lets me.

I visit the FASA site frequently, but never saw the Reno scenery. Guess I'll keep looking.

Thanks

--WH

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Reno/Stead with Ultimate terrain X gives a pretty good rendition to include the grandstands, pylons, and such. The laps are indeed fun, although FSX put me on the active, then right before my takeoff run, I had a regional prop land in front of me on the crosswind runway......makes you make sure you do the visual check for aircraft lol.

You should try the A2A mustang there WH, it will keep you on your toes.....too hard in some corners and if she breaks out on you, the neighborhood is awful close :shock:

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”