Throttle gate

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Throttle gate

Post by WarHorse47 »

Is there a suggested method for setting the throttle gate deadzone?

I'm not sure if mine is set correct or not as I occasionally break the gate wire without trying.

--WH

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Throttle gate

Post by taildraggin68 »

I think it's on the shift-3 menu? Was in the Mustang familiarization video..in sim watch the throttle as you move it and set it to you need it IIRC. Have to look it up to sure though

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

I know where to adjust it and how, but I don't know if it needs more adjusting or not. :roll:

Here's why. I took up the Military Mustang earlier today and noticed I was down on RPMs. In the process of checking out the engine I thought that maybe my throttle setting got screwed up, so I put the a/c on autopilot and proceeded to experiment with the throttle gate - and looking at my max rpms at 100% throttle.

Later I realized that I had somehow turned off the hydraulic pump, but by then I had changed my throttle settings and couldn't remember the default. I had to load the Civilian Mustang and write down the settings, eventually resetting them with the Military version (93% throttle over 5% deadzone, like taking your blood pressure :mrgreen: ).

Anyways, with those settings I was able to get 60 in mg. w/o breaking the gate. I'll live with that and a lesson learned.

But my question remains.

--WH

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

I may have to check my mp against the gate...mine is set at 89% over 10% deadzone so that I have to physically max the throttle to pop the gate...gives me an excuse to take the mustang up :D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

My throttle gate is set to 95% of my throttle. However i dont really bother if i break the gate or not i simply set the mp and rpm and fly. I believe that breaking the gate gives you the option for more power but that doesnt mean you have to us it.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”