a couple of questions following a fresh install of P51-D.

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
hummatov
Airman

a couple of questions following a fresh install of P51-D.

Post by hummatov »

i noticed that on the description page (store) the sort of entire cockpit of p51-d is a solid black-ish color. sorry. not a native english speaker. but after i purchased and installed, i realized the bottom half of the cockpit is green-ish. is that normal. i would prefer to get the full black. how would i go about that?

Also, i've got the accu-feel and accu-sim installed for p51. i noticed something strange. i noticed that regardless of whether or not the canopy is open, i can stick my head (trackIR) out the same length in all directions. so the opening and closing of canopy does not really affect how much i can stick out my head from the plane. is that normal? or is there some option to make it more realistic so that i can only stick out my head if the canopy is open. ??

and the last question, why is it that if i move around a little bit in the cockpit (trackIR) i start to see through the plane. like pixels. to explain it better, as if i had superman's vision. :) especially if i'm trying to look over my shoulders (behind)/ any ideas would be highly appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: a couple of questions following a fresh install of P51-D

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hummatov wrote:i noticed that on the description page (store) the sort of entire cockpit of p51-d is a solid black-ish color. sorry. not a native english speaker. but after i purchased and installed, i realized the bottom half of the cockpit is green-ish. is that normal. i would prefer to get the full black. how would i go about that?

Also, i've got the accu-feel and accu-sim installed for p51. i noticed something strange. i noticed that regardless of whether or not the canopy is open, i can stick my head (trackIR) out the same length in all directions. so the opening and closing of canopy does not really affect how much i can stick out my head from the plane. is that normal? or is there some option to make it more realistic so that i can only stick out my head if the canopy is open. ??

and the last question, why is it that if i move around a little bit in the cockpit (trackIR) i start to see through the plane. like pixels. to explain it better, as if i had superman's vision. :) especially if i'm trying to look over my shoulders (behind)/ any ideas would be highly appreciated.

many thanks in advance.
Hello and welcome to the forums,

The black cockpit is part of the Korean Era Mustang so if you choose that repaint you will get the block cockpit. Further repaints of the interior and exterior etc can be be found here on the forums under the finished paints thread.

TrackIR will move your camera position anywhere you place it in FSX inside and outside the model. This is just a function of the simulator.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

hummatov
Airman

Re: a couple of questions following a fresh install of P51-D

Post by hummatov »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
hummatov wrote:i noticed that on the description page (store) the sort of entire cockpit of p51-d is a solid black-ish color. sorry. not a native english speaker. but after i purchased and installed, i realized the bottom half of the cockpit is green-ish. is that normal. i would prefer to get the full black. how would i go about that?

many thanks in advance.
Hello and welcome to the forums,

The black cockpit is part of the Korean Era Mustang so if you choose that repaint you will get the block cockpit. Further repaints of the interior and exterior etc can be be found here on the forums under the finished paints thread.

TrackIR will move your camera position anywhere you place it in FSX inside and outside the model. This is just a function of the simulator.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks. to be clear, is the green bottom default paint? or did i do something wrong while purchasing? please advise.

sorry not a native english speaker. :) the thing with the trackIR is that if i look to far behind my shoulder (backwards) some pixels of the plane seem to disappear and i get something like supermans vision. i can see through the plane. is this normal? no big deal, just want to make sure if i can tweek the settings to make it more realistic.

And also, why is it that the canopy, while closed, does not stop me from sticking my head outside. it feels like my head is a ghost and can move through the glass of the canopy. while the canopy is open, it is ok. but while closed, it should limit my head movements. any settings i can tweek? please.

thanks.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”