toe brakes (differential brakes) won't press all the way??

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
hummatov
Airman

toe brakes (differential brakes) won't press all the way??

Post by hummatov »

hi guys. i'm using saitek pro flight rudder pedals. they come with toe brakes. i have looked and assigned the buttons in settings/FSX. there is not much to adjust. only left/right toe brake functions and i had to make them "reverted" to press in the right direction.

However, my problem is that in-game, i press my saitek rudder pedals fully, but in the actual plane they only press about 85 percent. the way i know it is that, i can't manually set the parking brake in p51d. military. if i assign a button to set/release parking brake it works fine, but if i try to do it manually by pressing the differential brakes etc. and try to do it manually, it won't work, and i can visually see that my pedals won't press the toe brakes enough. is there any way to fix it? i did not see any settings in FSX to adjust it. like i said, only left toe/right toe==> and inverted. not much else.

please advise. thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: toe brakes (differential brakes) won't press all the way

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean by manually setting with differential braking, as this just sets the brakes for both wheels rather than sets the parking brake.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

hummatov
Airman

Post by hummatov »

[quote="Lewis - A2A"]Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean by manually setting with differential braking, as this just sets the brakes for both wheels rather than sets the parking brake.

Thanks,
Lewis

I'm sorry. my bad. i confused you. not a native speaker of english. what i meant was that, you know, how you need to press the brake pedals in the plane, if you want to set the parking brake. you pull the parking brake lever, press the pedals (toe brakes) and release them, then you release the lever and you've set the parking brake by doing these. this was what i meant.

But i cannot do all these, because apparently the pedals won't travel all the way and the thing with the parking brake lever (in the process of setting the parking brake) won't work. cuz the pedals won't travel fully.

so, how can i get those toe brakes to travel fully?

thanks.

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

In the sim, in order to set the parking brake, just click on the lever in the VC or use your keyboard shortcut. That should do it, there is no need to press the toe brakes as well. Actually, pressing the brakes while the parking brake is on will usually release it.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes you should push the relevant button in the VC or use the default keyboard command to set the parking brake. Pressing both pedals simply applies the normal brakes to both wheels.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

hummatov
Airman

Post by hummatov »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes you should push the relevant button in the VC or use the default keyboard command to set the parking brake. Pressing both pedals simply applies the normal brakes to both wheels.

thanks,
Lewis
really? that is good to know. they told me in dcs you have to do that procedure to engage the parking brake. so in reality, it is not necessary? that is interesting. thanks.

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

In FSX, it is not necessary (and may even be counterproductive).

In the real world, it depends on the airplane. Pressing the toe brakes and then locking them in that state with the parking brake lever is one way the parking brake functionality might be implemented.

hummatov
Airman

Post by hummatov »

Welsch wrote:In FSX, it is not necessary (and may even be counterproductive).

In the real world, it depends on the airplane. Pressing the toe brakes and then locking them in that state with the parking brake lever is one way the parking brake functionality might be implemented.
thanks

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”