pulling the parking brake lever won't set it??

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
hummatov
Airman

pulling the parking brake lever won't set it??

Post by hummatov »

please help. sorry for repetitive post. but can't get it to work. pulling the parking brake lever won't set the parking brake in any of my p51s (military and civilian). so I'm having to assign a button for that function. I tried pushing the brake pedals and simultaneously pulling the lever and all that. But somewhere in this forum, they said that is not necessary. that all i have to do is to pull that lever. But it still won't set the parking brake.

I know from dcs mustang, that to set the p51 parking brakes (in dcs anyway) you had to push the toe brake pedals, pull the parking brake lever and let go of the toe brakes and let go of the parking lever.

they said in a2a it is not necessary. but the lever will still not work when pulled.

could it be that my toe brakes (in-game) won't travel all the way (fully), because i can visually see that when i press the pedal brakes, in-game feedback is not full travel.

any ideas please.?

thanks.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: pulling the parking brake lever won't set it??

Post by gulredrel »

Have you looked up the in-game settings for your pedals? Maybe there is something with sensitivity setting or dead zone. Or axis assignment via controller related configuration tool comes in between.

Normally you will push both pedals all the way down, pull the parking brake lever, release the pedals and release the lever. Now the parking brake should be set. So it works for me.

Regards
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

hummatov
Airman

Post by hummatov »

gulredrel wrote:Have you looked up the in-game settings for your pedals? Maybe there is something with sensitivity setting or dead zone. Or axis assignment via controller related configuration tool comes in between.

Normally you will push both pedals all the way down, pull the parking brake lever, release the pedals and release the lever. Now the parking brake should be set. So it works for me.

Regards
Jens
You are right. so, i suspect the reason for it not working must be the toe brakes not travelling fully (in-game environment), But in fsx settings there is nothing i can adjust. i am using SAITEK PRO FLIGHT RUDDER PEDALS (PZ-35). And all i did was, in FSX settings, I assigned the toe brakes to brake pedals in AXIS Controls. Although I had to tick "reverse" tick boxes, because the pedals would work reverse. so now they push in the right direction, but i can see that the brake pedals don't travel fully. The way i know it, is that when i set the parking brake (using an assigned button - the easy way), i can see that the pedals definitely travel more than they would if i were to press them using the toe brakes. i hope you understand what i mean.

any ideas please?

i don't know where i can adjust the dead zones. in FSX, under AXIS controls, there is nothing that helps me adjust it for toe brakes.

perhaps, i could use the input configurator for P51D? but in that software, i did not see the selection for toe brakes.

Please help.
thanks.

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

Have you checked for full travel and possible dead zone settings in the Saitek control panel? I have a little icon for that in my notification area, it came with the driver installation.

hummatov
Airman

Post by hummatov »

Welsch wrote:Have you checked for full travel and possible dead zone settings in the Saitek control panel? I have a little icon for that in my notification area, it came with the driver installation.
Thank you sir. Good thinking. will check that now.

regards,

hummatov
Airman

Post by hummatov »

Welsch wrote:Have you checked for full travel and possible dead zone settings in the Saitek control panel? I have a little icon for that in my notification area, it came with the driver installation.
Hi again. I just checked the Saitek control panel that came with the rudder pedals. There is a DEAD ZONE tab and the TEST tab. in both of those tabs, the pedal movement corresponds to the correct feedback (full travel indication in RED). so it looks OK.

At this point, I don't know if I should edit any settings using the SAITEK Programming Software. I'm reluctant to do it. Because the RUDDER Pedal (in-game) settings seem OK, which is default too. so, there is no reason why the "toe brake"s should be any different.

Oh well, I guess for me, it will be one of life's mysteries :))

Any more ideas please?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I don't think theres anything to edit as I don't believe there is anything wrong going by your descriptions of the 'issue'?

Can you post a screen shot of the pedals deflected as it sounds like you are expecting something that isn't going to happen.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”