How to install A2A Aircraft into FSX Steam release

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

How to install A2A Aircraft into FSX Steam release

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Everyone,

With the release of Steam we just wanted to post this so everyone knows how to install your A2A aircraft into the Steam release.

Installation
All you need do is to run the installer as you normally would and when it gets to the step to choose where FSX is installed change it from the default path it will auto insert and select where you have installed your Steam FSX version. By default in a windows7 64bit Steam that is here; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
(If the installer has picked up your installation then no change is needed)

And here is a screen shot of the Accu-sim C182 Skylane simulator installer, with the new path selected and ready for installation;

You can change the path for your A2A Aircraft and Updater allowing you to install/update and enjoy your A2A Simulated aircraft in the new FSX Steam edition.

Additional we have also created an A2A FSX Steam group you can join here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=44068

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Re: How to install A2A Aircraft into FSX Steam release

Post by Krycekuk »

Thanks for the info Lewis.

Although I have the standard CD based Deluxe edition of FSX, it's currently on sale on Steam for £3.99 in the UK and at that price I thought I would get it as I am considering upgrading my PC soon forcing a reinstall of everything. At that point I might give the Steam edition a go and see how I get on with it.
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Just a note here that folks should be aware of.

The Steam Install Path and registry keys will depend upon whether you have a
"dual install"...an existing FSX install present, or a "single install"...no existing FSX install present.

In the later case, FSX-SE uses the same paths/registry keys as the FSX box edition WOULD have used.

In the "dual install" case, FSX-SE will use FSX-SE specific paths and registry keys.
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

Snorre
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Snorre »

Thanks Paul, very helpful information!
Gunter

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Good idea Lewis :D
I'm doing the Butt Long Holiday Flight today as you know, so I'm set up for online/multiplayer.
However would I need the Steam version for me to join in on any future A2A fly-ins or multiplayer with you guys?

John.

Oops! Sorry I posted this in the wrong section! I Meant to ask this here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=44068
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Liofa
Airman Basic

Post by Liofa »

I've already posted this, probably by mistake in the new Steam section of the forum, but I thought this might be a better location for the reply.

Here are some of the problems/notes about my install of the A2A cessna 172 with the Steam version of FSX:

-- The sound doesn't work (buttons, switches, doors) but the external sound is working.
-- The aircraft installed completely broken and the maintenance hanger won't fix anything, repair buttons do nothing.
-- The hanger screen buttons are also slightly misaligned.
-- I have updated to the latest accu-sim version.
-- I have the correct version of DirectX
-- I do not have any .dat files in any of the folders that have been suggested in the other forum groups. Which seems strange.
-- I do have my steam games folder on a separate drive, but the install found the correct location.
-- I've reinstalled the aircraft twice, no change.
-- I've checked to see if converting it to a used aircraft or reseting the aircraft works, it doesn't.

I'm not really sure what else I can do to fix this.

Henning
Airman First Class

Post by Henning »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Everyone,

With the release of Steam we just wanted to post this so everyone knows how to install your A2A aircraft into the Steam release.

All you need do is to run the installer as you normally would and when it gets to the step to choose where FSX is installed change it from the default path it will auto insert and select where you have installed your Steam FSX version. By default in a windows7 64bit Steam that is here; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

And here is a screen shot of the Accu-sim C182 Skylane simulator installer, with the new path selected and ready for installation;

You can change the path for your A2A Aircraft and Updater allowing you to install/update and enjoy your A2A Simulated aircraft in the new FSX Steam edition.

Additional we have also created an A2A FSX Steam group you can join here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=44068

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
i have the stem version and indstalled a2a skylane but i cant start the engine on autostart or manuel and i cant repair it to all is red so my skylane is 100% broken

Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar: C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS, J3 Cub, T6, P40, Connie, ?

Liofa
Airman Basic

Post by Liofa »

I think I may have fixed my sound and hanger problems on the A2A 172. I found this fix on the Steam forums.

Run this: "Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi"

Fingers crossed it seems to have fixed my problems.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Liofa, good point about simconnect, I've added it to the first post.

thanks,
Lewis

Sideshow
Airman

Post by Sideshow »

I'm not going to run into any issues installing my A2A products on multiple computers am I? I have a laptop that travels with me with steam installed. I don't wish to violate any license agreements or anything like that.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sideshow wrote:I'm not going to run into any issues installing my A2A products on multiple computers am I? I have a laptop that travels with me with steam installed. I don't wish to violate any license agreements or anything like that.
You won't be using them simultaneously so your all good :)

Cheers,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow
Airman

Post by Sideshow »

Thanks Lewis, I just wanted to make sure.

kapjadi
Senior Airman

Post by kapjadi »

Slowly I'm moving some of my add-ons in steam fsx this is where I install my FSX Steam Edition " D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX " So far it's all working, except for my A2A 182 it's strange because the Hobbs is the same as my 182 in my original disk in this computer too even I just installed it. :?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes that is correct they will share the same .dat files so its still your aircraft weather you fly in FSX editions or P3D.

thanks,
Lewis

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Just a note here as I like to keep my aircraft DAT's separate between FSX and P3D and now FSX-SE when
I get around to installing it.

I created a 2nd account for P3D and that account has its' own DAT file folders in the <P3d user name> area
while my FSX DAT files go to folders in my <FSX user name> area. These are the default locations so just creating
the new account takes care of the 'separation'..

With separate user accounts the only FSX files that I see that are 'shared' are those in the folder that
contains the Scenery.cfg file. MS, it its' infinite (or finite) wisdom chose to put those in the <all users>
account area.

Aside from this approach, one can create BAT files to do some load/save swapping of DAT files. I currently do that
to maintain separate DAT files for each of the paints I fly for each A2A aircraft. That way I can fkly, say, my 'test
B-17G' and abuse it without endangering my 91st BG B-17G with over 1300 hours on the airframe and 3 of the 4 engines. #2 got overhauled some 1200 hours ago :)

Paul

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”