How to install A2A Aircraft into FSX Steam release

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How to install A2A Aircraft into FSX Steam release

Post by Lewis - A2A »

rvc72 wrote:I purchased the steam version of FSX, installed all three A2A planes but they do not show up when I try to load them in FSX. All three have been added to the Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX folder but they do not show up in FSX, what am I doing wrong?
Hello,

please can you start a new thread in one of the relevant tech support forums for one of the simulations you purchased so we can better help you.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rvc72
Airman First Class

Post by rvc72 »

Sorry about that I should have realized that is where is goes, thanks for the advice.

cheneyc
Airman Basic

Post by cheneyc »

Thanks. Getting use to this format. Will do.

doudou
Airman

Post by doudou »

Hi,

When I start the preflight inspection, the first image is wrong and after that, the next image is related to the previous set :

How to solve that ?

(I fly with FSX SE alone)
Last edited by doudou on 23 Jan 2015, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

doudou wrote:Hi,

When I start the preflight inspection, the first image is wrong and after that, the next image is related to the previous set :

How to solve that ?

(I fly with FSX SE alone)
Hello,

please can you post in the tech support forum for your aircraft simulator so we can better help you

thanks,
Lewis

doudou
Airman

Post by doudou »

Sorry. I will move my post.

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

I’m doing (or I HAVE done) something very wrong, because for me, the A2A installers (aircraft and update) aren’t finding FSX-SE. Actually, pointing the installers to FSX-SE isn’t the problem, but when I attempt to install, I get a message ‘Directory already exists, would you like to install anyway?’

When I DID once hit [YES] the installer created several subfolders within FSX-SE, containing the various effects files appropriate to the specific aircraft (P-51 in that case) etc.
I did encounter that issue once before with another payware aircraft, but I cannot remember how (or if) I circumnavigated it. :oops:

The thing is, I’m running FSX [boxed] alongside FSX-SE, which I know is workable, but not always advised. I ALSO installed FSX-SE to my C:Drive using the option to install to the non-default location.

So, in effect, the location I now direct the installer/s to is;
C:SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/FSX/

Did I miss a trick? Some other payware aircraft installed fine, so I know the actual integrity of the path is pretty sound, but I just can’t fathom this ‘directory already exists’ prompt?
I did eventually move the relevant folders and files over manually from FSX [boxed] and everything is working well, so I could point the updater to FSX and then move the updated files to FSX-SE, but I guess I’d have to move the entire aircraft folders and not just the configuration files, right?

Cheers, Mike.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Mike,

check the path is correct it sounds like your going one folder too deep.

thanks,
Lewis

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

Hi Lewis.

Na :( , I tried several variations, and even holding short of clicking the actual FSX folder within the steam tree gives the same message. What I HAVE found is clicking on the FSX folder always results in the path showing as FSX\, and not simply FSX as per your example. Is that significant?

Cheers, Mike.

Romulo
Airman Basic

Post by Romulo »

Hi Lewis!
My P-47, Spit, C182 work perfectly whit the simconnect stuff. But my C172 still no working... I cant click in anything on the panel... Thats prety wierd...
If i mange my throttle on my joystick, the throttle on the panel move too... But i cant do anything with the mouse on the panel...
Can you help???

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Romulo wrote:Hi Lewis!
My P-47, Spit, C182 work perfectly whit the simconnect stuff. But my C172 still no working... I cant click in anything on the panel... Thats prety wierd...
If i mange my throttle on my joystick, the throttle on the panel move too... But i cant do anything with the mouse on the panel...
Can you help???
Hello,

please can you start a thread in the relevant tech support forum in this case the c172 tech support forum so we can help.

thanks,
Lewis

Romulo
Airman Basic

Post by Romulo »

Yes.
Im sorry!
Thanks!

b2vulcan
Airman First Class

Post by b2vulcan »

Mike, I got the same ‘Directory already exists, would you like to install anyway?’
message and ran the installer and it all seemed to install OK.

I haven't checked lights yet but the Cherokee flies OK.

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

Thanks for that Vulcan.

I'm wondering if I have a registry issue maybe. I've installed a few other payware aircraft into the FSX-SE directory without problem, but maybe the A2A installers look for a different registry route than the others I tried? The reason I say that, is because in /LocalMachine/software/Wow6432Node/DoveTailGames/FSX, there isn't a '10' folder, and I'm thinking there should be?

Maybe I'm over thinking it :lol: It wouldn't be the first time. :oops:

Anyway, I installed all my A2A birds into FSX boxed, ran the update and then moved the whole caboodle over to FSX-SE and everything appears to be working perfectly. Future updates might prove a pain, but at least I've got a workaround if I can't find a 'fix' in the meantime.

Its interesting that your Cherokee installed properly after that message, because with mine, it just created several folders within the FSX-SE root directory :? I guess it would have then been simple enough to place the files in their appropriate folders, but strange nonetheless.

I did have that 'Directory already exists' warning once with a JustFlight addon, but I think I was attempting to install an FSX addon into P3D V1:4.

Anyway, at least we both got it sorted :wink: Cheers for your input.

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

Hi! guys - just a quick question (hope it hasn't been covered elsewhere):

I have the military and civilian P-51 and the C-172. Just removed FSX and re-installed FSX SE. Know the procedure - install aircraft, then Accu-sim, then latest core updates. I have core update 1.6 as the latest I downloaded. Is this the latest one? I can't seem to find any threads up here on the latest core updates.

TIA for your replies.

Update: Found the newest version. Sorry for the question - I just forgot to look in the proper location - the Downloads page. DUH! :roll:
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”