Prop Sounds

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Prop Sounds

Post by taildraggin68 »

I just love it when development updates filter back into older A2A planes........departing 28J to the east, upon take off, wheels up, power and prop coming back for climb configuration and oh my the prop pitch sounds developed for the Skylane are now in the P-51 8) Only a short test flight as I was running through all of my A2A planes, but the P-51 felt really good :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Prop Sounds

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yup, big thanks to Dudley for helping this feature to be implemented correctly for the correct sounds at the correct time for the P-51D, certainly making sure it was only as present as it is in the real deal, which is quite different to how it sounds in the little by comparison 182 :)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Well then Big Thanks to Dudley :D and the rest of the crew as this update had to be all hands on deck :shock: .....it adds to the experience of the P-51 and is greatly appreciated.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Looking forward to checking this out! First I gotta feed all the dogs and shovel some of the white stuff... Fun times!

Joe
Joe

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Taildraggin,

Don't forget, the airplane physics have been given a slight working over, using some of the newer techniques we're developing right now. Try doing some sharp turns, and listen and watch for the stall rumble. You can really manage the edge so much better. Also, the controls should be smoother on takeoff and landing.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Scott - A2A wrote:Taildraggin,

Don't forget, the airplane physics have been given a slight working over, using some of the newer techniques we're developing right now. Try doing some sharp turns, and listen and watch for the stall rumble. You can really manage the edge so much better. Also, the controls should be smoother on takeoff and landing.

Scott.
Another hour in the P-51 out at Edwards, from 10,000 to rabbit chasing levels, it is a bit more refined.....very nice shudder in the hard banking, and even an interesting noise during some zero-g pushovers and able to wheel land and roll out for quite a ways with the tail up at around 1400 rpm with very solid feeling control (just for giggles and not recommended) but I really wanted to see if landing and stuffing the stick to the proper corner and letting it run out until the tail was ready to come down would work in the P-51. Delightfully it does :D Well done

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Absolutely fantasic, sounds are remarkable! Also noticed ground effect seems to be more noticeable on landing- almost caught me by surprise. My few landings last night when I experimented were perfectly decent, but not the perfect greasers each time I was getting before. Seems much closer to some of the cockpit videos of landing in a Mustang now. Very very cool.

Love it- tonight I try the Spitfire!

Joe
Joe

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Enjoy Joe!
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CafeRacer500
Senior Airman

Post by CafeRacer500 »

Took my Spitfire for a quick spin without knowing the prop sounds were updated, i think my face would've been worth a picture when I lowered my rpm for the first time after the climb :shock:

Thanks for a really great surprise A2A!!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Yes it is awesome. I love that the older planes are still getting attention as well.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”