Hi, Guys...a few questions

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Dennylui
Airman Basic

Hi, Guys...a few questions

Post by Dennylui »

I've been flying P 51 civ for more then 30 hours. I have managed to fly this wonderful baby smoothly without problems except some tricky handling on rudder pedals during takeoff and landing. However, I'm still new to this aircraft and need some advice on the following questions:

1. If I only want half full of the total amount of fuel, do I have to set 50% full on each tanks or what?
2. I need to change to another fuel tank while the fuel warning light is on or a few minutes before?
3. What is the max range Could it fly under FSX world?
4. I found that it is quite difficult to keep the pitch level while turning or even flying straight whitout the assist of autopilot. So sometimes the pitch keeps on up and down. Is that normal or only my own problem. Can anyone tell me what is the best sensitive setting of joystick and I'm using x55 rhino.
5. How to install accu-sim on both P 51 versions?

I love this beautiful aircraft very much! What a great job of A2A and keep on please!
Thanks everybody here and have fun. :D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Hi, Guys...a few questions

Post by n421nj »

1/2 full fuel I'd set 50% to each tank. You want to keep plane balanced.
I usually wait for engine to sound tough before switching tanks from an empty tank but that's just me.
max range depends on weather, and how hard you run the plane.
for ifr flying the p51 is squirrely and best bet is to use the autopilot.
accusim is good for both civ and mil p51. Just got to install it once.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

spork
Staff Sergeant

Post by spork »

Dennylui wrote:I've been flying P 51 civ for more then 30 hours. I have managed to fly this wonderful baby smoothly without problems except some tricky handling on rudder pedals during takeoff and landing. However, I'm still new to this aircraft and need some advice on the following questions:

1. If I only want half full of the total amount of fuel, do I have to set 50% full on each tanks or what?
I'd start by using the wing tanks to avoid using the fuselage tank too much.
2. I need to change to another fuel tank while the fuel warning light is on or a few minutes before?
Wait till it dies then switch. It should start right back up as long as the prop is windmilling.
3. What is the max range Could it fly under FSX world?
Depends. I've gone 2200 miles in the Civ version before.
4. I found that it is quite difficult to keep the pitch level while turning or even flying straight whitout the assist of autopilot. So sometimes the pitch keeps on up and down. Is that normal or only my own problem. Can anyone tell me what is the best sensitive setting of joystick and I'm using x55 rhino.
idk
5. How to install accu-sim on both P 51 versions?
1. Install both planes
2. Run accusim installer
3. run the 1-26-2014 update that can be found stickied at the top of the forums.

I love this beautiful aircraft very much! What a great job of A2A and keep on please!
Thanks everybody here and have fun. :D
Hope that helps.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dennylui
Airman Basic

Post by Dennylui »

Thanks n421nj & spork.
Does any one know where's the sensitive bar should be for X 55 to get the best handling & reality for this plane? Thanks again. :wink:

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

I don't use an X-55 (currently using a Thrustmaster Warthog), but with all my controllers over the years, I've always set the sensitivity to maximum (full right) and the null zone to minimum (full left). That seems to give the most precise control with no deadzone. I usually do the same with rudder pedals, though sometimes you need to experiment a little depending on your setup. Toe brakes need a bigger null zone so you don't set them off by accident when you just brush the pedals lightly. Hope this helps.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Dennylui
Airman Basic

Post by Dennylui »

Thanks a lot Alan_A. I'll give a try.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”