UV panel lights question

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Illi73
Staff Sergeant

UV panel lights question

Post by Illi73 »

Last night I was taking my P-51 Mustang (Civilian) out for a flight again... and it was night time, so I needed proper instrument lighting.

The switch on the left turns the instrument lights on (first it goes to the setting 'Warming', before it resets to the 'on' setting). By default this only lights up a few of the gauges.

HOWEVER, when I bring up the control window with SHIFT-3, there's an option I can click to switch the lights to UV settings... which gives a really pleasant blue-ish light covering all of the instruments. So far I haven't managed to switch this UV setting on from the virtual cockpit itself... is this possible at all, or hasn't that been modeled for some reason? If it can be done from the cockpit, how is it done?

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: UV panel lights question

Post by gulredrel »

You can click on the lamps which are directed to illuminate the panel to switch between UV and fluorescent lighting (to the upper left or right of the panel).
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

Ah! I haven't noticed any such buttons yet. Thanks for the tip, I'll go hunt them down!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

It's not a button. It's the light itself. Click on the back of it to switch between lighting
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

I had to search for a bit... but finally found it by 'switching UV on and off' from the Shift-3 panel while looking inside my cockpit. Then I saw something 'turn', eventually. Funny thing is, only AFTER that I realize that that was the light! I had seen the shape... but had no clue what it was until now. ;) There's many shapes in the plane, some of which make sense, others don't exactly. Like the oxygen unit also has all kinds of details which are part of it, but what exactly they are for (except for the parts that give me a tooltip when hovering over them) is a bit over my head :)

Anyway, got the light now! Thanks for the help!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”