Fuel Switch

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
PonyDriver
Airman First Class

Fuel Switch

Post by PonyDriver »

Question, how long will the engine run with the main fuel switch OFF?

Last night I started up my MIL P51 and a few minutes later, I noticed I forgot to turn it on, but the engine was still running.

Damage was set to ON

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Fuel Switch

Post by Nick - A2A »

Depends very much on your throttle setting. At around 1000 RPM with the engine idling, a minute-or-two doesn't sound unreasonable to burn the fuel in the lines etc. However, if you open the throttle and try to take-off with the fuel shutoff value in the 'off' position you won't get far! :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Idling at 1000rpms, closing the fuel valve, took about 30 seconds to run out of fuel.

PonyDriver
Airman First Class

Post by PonyDriver »

Great, thanks! That's what I figured. It was at a pretty low idle...

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

It gives you time to change tanks without seizing the engine
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

BattleKoala
Airman

Post by BattleKoala »

I have the Mil and Civ version. Whenever the tank I am on runs out of fuel it just gets stuck on %2. I DO NOT have unlimited fuel on.
In fact I can run the Civ on drop tanks that aren't even there. What's going on here?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

BattleKoala wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 22:46 I have the Mil and Civ version. Whenever the tank I am on runs out of fuel it just gets stuck on %2. I DO NOT have unlimited fuel on.
In fact I can run the Civ on drop tanks that aren't even there. What's going on here?
Hello,

if you can start a new thread on in the P-51 Tech support forum we will be able to better help you out. Please let us know in the thread the product you are using, the platform, the setup. The more information the better and easier it is to help.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BattleKoala
Airman

Post by BattleKoala »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 07:37
BattleKoala wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 22:46 I have the Mil and Civ version. Whenever the tank I am on runs out of fuel it just gets stuck on %2. I DO NOT have unlimited fuel on.
Hello,

if you can start a new thread on in the P-51 Tech support forum we will be able to better help you out. Please let us know in the thread the product you are using, the platform, the setup. The more information the better and easier it is to help.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Wilco!
- Timmy De

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”