My first flight

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
monica6211
Staff Sergeant

My first flight

Post by monica6211 »

This morning I did my first flight in the A2A Mustang, and all I can say is "Wow! That was Amazing!" I had a little trouble getting the engine started, but once I got her going, the rest was simply unbelievable. I flew from Sedonez (KSEZ) to Palm Springs (KPSP) and then on to Big Bear (L35), over photo scenery all the way, and using ASN for weather. The plane was a dream to fly....a bit more complex than the C182, but I handled it just fine. I had scattered clouds along the way, and some fog around Palm Springs. Going into Big ear I was following a Lear, and got into its wake, which almost flipped me over. But my reaction was quick and forceful enough that I recovered and went around for another approach, this time landing just fine. I need to read up on the manual again, because I don't think I was controlling the engine properly during my approach, but I will find out. Still, the flight was really amazing. I really felt like I was there in the cockpit.
Well, Back to Flying,
Monica

ImageImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: My first flight

Post by Lewis - A2A »

8) Good to hear, happy flying!

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

The Mustang is wonderful to fly! You're going to have many hours of fun in this amazing machine. And the sound of that engine is so awesome. I could listen to it all day long. Like music 8)
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Welcome to the fighters. If like me, I was never much interested in fighter aircraft till I got the P40. Then I needed to get them all.
BTW, what version do you have? Mil or Civ or both?

monica6211
Staff Sergeant

Post by monica6211 »

robert41 wrote:Welcome to the fighters. If like me, I was never much interested in fighter aircraft till I got the P40. Then I needed to get them all.
BTW, what version do you have? Mil or Civ or both?
I've always loved the fighters, especially the P-51, and in particular, the P-51H. If I could afford it, I would get them all. Sadly, at the moment, I can only afford one or two. I chose to get the Mil version, with plans to get the Civ version after I get the B-17. I've got other mustangs, and never really cared about flying them "by the book" since I've never actually flown one. But with the time I've spent with the Accusim C172, C182, and the Piper Cherokee, I am hooked into the realism and immersion that Accusim brings to these aircraft, so I am really getting into this Mustang as well. These aircraft are so amazing!
Well, Back to Flying,
Monica

ImageImageImageImageImage

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Cannot go wrong with the B17. Is my favorite Accusim aircraft.
Good to hear you are enjoying the P51 so much. Same with me.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”