Wich P51 to get?

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
rhenson529
Senior Airman

Wich P51 to get?

Post by rhenson529 »

Hello all,
I'm thinking of trying a new military plane. I own all the A2A GA planes as I love GA. However, am thinking of trying a more complex military style plane and wondering if I should try the P51 civilian or military plane. Do the guns work in the military version? Also, what is your favorite and why?
Thank you for your advice in advance. :D
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Wich P51 to get?

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hello

I've got both P-51 in my hangar.
I use the civ version far more than the military, as I normally fly on VATSIM. the avionics is WWII style in the Mil version, so you'll need to navigate using dead reckoning and the A2A map. The Civ version is fully IFR capable and quite fast. When I fly the Mil version its normally for multiplayer sessions like formation flying, where I don't upset any controllers because I don't know where I am.
The guns do not work in any of the A2A FSX warbirds.

My favorite A2A warbird is the B-17 BTW....beautiful aircraft, handling, like the crew and the challenge of taking care of the systems.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

I have both also.
The Mil is straight out of WW2. Heavier than the Civ version. Can carry drop tanks, bombs, rockets. A bit slower, much greater range.
The Civ has a GPS, HSI, autopilot. No gun sight, a little better forward vision.
Both can carry the aft fuel tank and oxygen.
The systems are mostly automatic. Automixture, auto boost throttle, auto coolant/oil cooler doors.
I like the Mil version best. Because this is a WW2 fighter.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

FWIW, if you've not made a choice yet: I have them both, and they are both amazing- it is impossible to "not" get the best P-51. For me, however, I prefer the civilian version. This is because the civilian version is representative of the P-51's you see at airshows, today in 2015. The vast majority have varying degrees of upgraded avionics to safely fly in today's skies. So by getting the civilian version, you get a perfect P-51 realistically equipped just as many flying today are. It really fills the gap between GA and Warbirds like nothing else in FSX, IMO.

Joe
Joe

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I have both and the way I divide them up is based on their capabilities. If the weather is IFR or I plan to fly IFR or online multiplayer within class B airspace I go with the civ. If I plan on flying vfr and online multiplayer avoiding class B airspace I go military. You do get a discount if you already own 1 of them and purchase the other. Plus accusim works for both planes. So it's not a bad deal to get them both.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Percival
Airman Basic

Post by Percival »

One question, guys: is there any provision to drop off all ammunition in military version?
Emil

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes you load and unload the aircraft as you wish using the real time load manager.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”