New product and partnership: Flight Sim In A Box

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Re: New product and partnership: Flight Sim In A Box

Post by G-BJPS »

Congrats A2A great idea!

And that price is a bargain, this time last year I paid £2,500 (Pounds) for my setup from Wired2Fire, including the PC keyboard mouse etc, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle Quad, rudder pedals, FSX Gold installed along with Orbx products and the Cherokee......but no Monitor!
And all that works out to about $3,900 today in U.S Dollars.

All the best,
John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I also think this is a great idea. To be blunt, as a home-built computer enthusiast, I could not build a comparable rig for much less, and if you factor in the convenience of having everything installed, configured, and ready to go, it sounds like a great deal to me! Especially since not everyone who enjoys flightsim enjoys tinkering with hardware. Best of luck with the product!

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Oh now you want to put out a system :D Just a hair too late, but it looks like a promising partnership and a great sim set up...best of luck 8)

JetJockey
Airman First Class

Post by JetJockey »

This looks to be a nice package. It looks odd to see all the Saitek boxes and hardware but then the CH Yoke looks like it should be in a different package. Any special reason for mixing up the suppliers for the Yoke and Pedals?

Regards,
Ray
When Pigs Fly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ray Marshall

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

JetJockey wrote:This looks to be a nice package. It looks odd to see all the Saitek boxes and hardware but then the CH Yoke looks like it should be in a different package. Any special reason for mixing up the suppliers for the Yoke and Pedals?

Regards,
Ray
Most real world pilots simply prefer as Scott does the CH Yoke for a more realistic yoke with its none uniform movement and no indentation. Ive always found it an interesting observation how most real world pilots prefer the CH and flight simmers tend to lean towards the Saitek.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JetJockey
Airman First Class

Post by JetJockey »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
JetJockey wrote:This looks to be a nice package. It looks odd to see all the Saitek boxes and hardware but then the CH Yoke looks like it should be in a different package. Any special reason for mixing up the suppliers for the Yoke and Pedals?

Regards,
Ray
Most real world pilots simply prefer as Scott does the CH Yoke for a more realistic yoke with its none uniform movement and no indentation. Ive always found it an interesting observation how most real world pilots prefer the CH and flight simmers tend to lean towards the Saitek.

thanks,
Lewis
Yup, personal choices usually win out. I have both CH and Saitek Yokes and Pedals, but finally picked the Saitek over the CH because the CH Pedals were so clunky and the Saitek Combat Pedals were just great. I never thought it to be a good idea to mix them up.

Regards,
Ray
When Pigs Fly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ray Marshall

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The hardwares totally separate so you can mix and match as you please 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

shivers9
Airman

Post by shivers9 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:The hardwares totally separate so you can mix and match as you please 8)
Lewis....just based on your recommendation of the CH Yoke here in this thread, I took the leap and ordered one. I have been using the Saitek for many years based on all the reviews. I installed it yesterday and really like the feel so far. It is so much more smooth and precise. I do find it a bit stiff but it will be easy enough to pop the top and change out the springs if need be. Thanks for the tip. Good luck with your new partners.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Shivers,

I would resist changing those springs. Fly with it a while, as heavy as they are, they're still less than most of the forces in the actual cockpit.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Very nice looking product, I hope it sells very well. I can see it being a hit with flight schools and colleges. Perhaps if/when A2A releases the Seminole, you guys might throw in a second Saitek throttle quadrant for twin engine ops...ie TT-PP-MM. Multi engine training as well as the multi portion of IFR training is quite expensive, I wish something like this was around when I was getting my multi and IFR tickets. :)

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Scott - A2A wrote:Shivers,

I would resist changing those springs. Fly with it a while, as heavy as they are, they're still less than most of the forces in the actual cockpit.

Scott.
Good call Scott. On the strength of your comment I replaced the soft springs on my CH yoke with the stock ones. What I noticed straight away was that trimming became more of an important part of flying. The soft springs meant small adjustments were made via the yoke. This feels so much better! It now feels as though you ARE relieving the back/forward pressure.

Leave them as they are Shivers. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

computerflyer
Senior Airman

Post by computerflyer »

Your Flight Sim In A Box looks like a great idea, at a great price. I bought a Jetline Systems computer a few years ago and have never regretted the purchase. But I got the yoke and rudder pedals backwards, buying a Saitek yoke and CH pedals. Oh well...

It's good that you're providing some help and guidance regarding the physical controls. This is such an important issue, possibly the biggest source of variance between simulation and realism (except for the lack of "g" forces). A sim designer can spend endless hours getting the software nearly perfect, and then turn it over to a simmer who uses inadequate, ill-adjusted physical controls, destroying much of the accuracy and realism.

A number of years ago I knew a guy who was a very highly regarded pilot of old planes. His name was Bill Turner and he was building and flying classic planes at EAA Chapter One at Flabob Airport in Riverside, CA. One of the planes he was routinely flying was a Curtiss JN4D "Jenny." I asked him what it was like to fly the Jenny, expecting some sort of technical response like that it had lots of adverse yaw and required lots of rudder, or that it had poor pitch stability, or something like that. Instead, all he said was, "Very heavy ailerons."

It occurred to me that in the case of a plane that has heavy controls and is a real workout to fly, the flight simmer doesn't get an accurate representation of the plane. Maybe someday we'll have affordable force-feedback simulator controls, programmable and responsive to the software design for the particular plane being flown.

My apologies for digressing a little here, maybe this belongs in the "I Wants" thread. But I'm glad that the simulator hardware is being given more attention.

tamunoz
Airman

Post by tamunoz »

[quote="Scott - A2A"]Tuesday, July 21, 2015 Oshkosh, WI

[b]A2A Simulations and Jetline Systems partner to create “Flight-Sim-In-A-Box.”[/b]

[img]http://a2asimulations.com/public/online ... banner.jpg[/img]

Flight-Sim-in-a-box is the most powerful and advanced “plug in and fly” flight simulator available. It includes all necessary equipment and software in a single product.
--------------------------------------------------------------EDITED OF COURSE---------------------------------------------
SCOTT:
I am more than surprised at this news. It seems off limits to me, but of course, I am turning 75 next month.
GOOD LUCK ON GETTING KIDS, even your Son Jake, TO BUY.
The rest of us already own most of this stuff.
Most posts have been favorable. Not surprised, but I sincerely WONDER how many will actually buy your product?

REGARDS,
Tomas
PD: WHEN WILL THE Texan AT-6 come out? That is you bread and butter! :) 8) :lol:
Best Regards,
VPA437/91st 323rd BS
TOMAS Muñoz

FlexFlier
Airman First Class

Post by FlexFlier »

My 3+ year old Jetline system is still going strong and their support is exceptional. These two terrific companies should do great things together. Best of luck to all.
Taildraggers rule!

Skylane182
Airman Basic

Post by Skylane182 »

Ouch the price on that! But the case looks awesome!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”