AUX Generator

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
PonyDriver
Airman First Class

AUX Generator

Post by PonyDriver »

Is there a way to use the AUX Generator that the MIL Mustang has in the CIV Mustang?

How come the CIV does not have it?

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: AUX Generator

Post by gulredrel »

No, GPU is not available in civ Mustang.
The civ Mustang comes with a battery with more capacity, so should be enough. If it's low, you can re-charge it in maintenance hangar.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Remember in civ mustang generator kicks in at 1500 rpm. So if you turn on all avionics and they suddenly shut down while taxiing, don't worry they will come back on once the generator kicks in.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

n421nj wrote:Remember in civ mustang generator kicks in at 1500 rpm. So if you turn on all avionics and they suddenly shut down while taxiing, don't worry they will come back on once the generator kicks in.
Hi Andrew,

So this is how the Civilian P-51 generator works. It was one of the first things that caught my attention. The gen kicks in at about 1500 and the warning gen light fades out. I thought at some point that, it was an issue with the sim or the plane installation itself. (I have reinstalled the Simconnect and the DX9 just for the sport :wink: ) Later I started, firing only beacon and com1 before take off :mrgreen: .
Thanks for clearing this out.

Happy Holidays,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”