No engine fires in P51 mil

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
dukedukie
Airman

No engine fires in P51 mil

Post by dukedukie »

Hi all,

when i used to fly with the default p51 on fsx, i had to take good care of the engine to prevent fires or performance issues, including the rpm and ADT etc.

When i switched to A2A, I definitely loved it, the feeling of realism during the flight, even while warming the engine up, and all other details about the physics/modelling (although engine and gear sounds are weaker for some reason). It is just, I don't need to take care of the engine anymore. No fires, almost no performance issues no matter how much i push it. Is this something expected or did I miss some configuration needed for A2A's max realism? Even max RPM is limited to red indicator. I've read through the manual and had a glance for a related topic in the forum.

Lastly, let my first message in the forum include a big thanks to the developers for this awesome plane as well. This is my first add-on plane, and now I started to enjoy FSX a lot more. :)

cheers

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: No engine fires in P51 mil

Post by Scott - A2A »

Duke,

The Mustang, being a late war design, has all of these automated systems that means you can't over-boost it or mis manage the cooling flaps. If you are looking for a more manual experience, any of the three other Accu-Sim warbirds will fit that quite well. The Spitfire is very hard to not overheat when on the ground, the P-40 can easily over boost the engine, and the P-47 is an orchestra of manual engine management.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

dukedukie
Airman

Post by dukedukie »

Thanks for the clarification Scott. Glad to hear that there was no misconfiguration I missed. I will look into other warbirds too. As far as I could understand from your lines P47 is the most challenging one. I was already in love with my P51 and let's see how I can leave her. :)

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Just to add.
The P51 Merlin engine slowly wears out over time. Depending on how hard you push it. It is hard to tell that it is low on power after some hours. Once it becomes harder to start, wont idle at a lower rpm, and the compression is showing low, then it is close to needing replacement.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I agree just beat the crap out of it till it blows up. Tons of fun.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

dukedukie
Airman

Post by dukedukie »

yep it is great fun. All i wondered was having an upper limit of Man=70 and RPM=30 (as seen on gauge).

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The default is a racer based Mustang and is also only running the default failure system which isnt too realistic and is more a 'go over this line then break this' rather than any simulation of the actual mechanics of whats happening between the many pieces under the hood.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

The A2A Mustang is great but I do like having to manage the engine manually as in the other less automated A2A war birds. I think the P47 is still my favorite.

dukedukie
Airman

Post by dukedukie »

Lewis - A2A wrote:The default is a racer based Mustang and is also only running the default failure system which isnt too realistic and is more a 'go over this line then break this' rather than any simulation of the actual mechanics of whats happening between the many pieces under the hood.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis, definitely that's correct. Much more fun like this. Still, I had smoke coming out from the engine once which I crashed before I discover the reason. :)

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”