Pressing the "I" key

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
PonyDriver
Airman First Class

Pressing the "I" key

Post by PonyDriver »

Most of us probably know that the "I" key turns on the airshow smoke (if so equipped).

I noticed that in the A2A Mustang, pressing it causes the engine to smoke. Kind of a cool affect.

But, the other day, I pressed "I" just for the heck of it. A few minutes later, my FSX went haywire! All of the sudden, the graphics driver failed, and nothing worked right. I eneded up having to force close the program.

Sure enough, after re-booting, the same thing happened again.

Is there something in the mapping that caused this? The Mustang is the only plane that does this with the "I" key.

ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: Pressing the "I" key

Post by ebo »

That does sound very weird. Not sure why it would mess with your system.

Whag does the eventlog say?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nothing in the mapping that would cause this, it sounds like you simply overloaded your system, the I key turns effects on/off in complex simulations including some of our simulations, it can easily overpower a system if you had turned them all on at once and your system is already running at the edge.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

FYI:

If you are flying the A2A Accu-Sim B-17G, along with the "I" key, never, ever use the "L" key or you will light up like a mini sun, view by others. In multiplayer this is extremely annoying. What happens is using the "L" key turns all lights on and A2A uses a couple of 'unused' FSX lights for creating the appropriate landing lights for a given visibility state. By use of the "L" key you turn on all 3 sets of A2A landing lights and the cockpit switch will only cycle the one the Accu-Sim software enables for the current conditions. The other 2 stay on. Getting back in 'sync' is a hassle so at the 91st Bomb Group we implore all pilots to NEVER use the "L" key :)
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”