P-51D J26 SWEDISH AIR FORCE uploaded

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Tom_Weiss
Technical Sergeant

P-51D J26 SWEDISH AIR FORCE uploaded

Post by Tom_Weiss »

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: P-51D J26 SWEDISH AIR FORCE uploaded

Post by gulredrel »

That looks great!
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

gulredrel wrote:That looks great!
WHS!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff 8)

Edit; Anyone have any good flights for Sweden? I dont know enough about the country to know wheres good to fly from/too.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

don't fly in Sweden. The pint you need after the flight will cost you a fortune.... :lol:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Tom_Weiss
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tom_Weiss »

:D

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

:lol: that's a good one
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Good stuff 8)

Edit; Anyone have any good flights for Sweden? I dont know enough about the country to know wheres good to fly from/too.
What are you planning to fly? The distances get significant fast in GA aircraft.

For uniqueness, Kiruna (ESNQ) and Gällivare are good, way up in the mining district and close to the mountains. Make a detour to northern Norway via Swedens highest mountain, Kebnekaise. Set your dates to provide midnight sun or arctic night and aurora borealis. My most beautiful RL flight to date was taking off from Kiruna at sunset and climbing with the setting sun, keeping Kebne in a prolonged sunset all the way up into the 200 FLs.

That's where I'm from initially, by the way.

Hemavan (ESUT) is interesting, both VFR and IFR. Check the restrictions on the LOC and have a guess as to the reason while flying. Shoot an engine out missed for practise while you are at it - not sure if the NDB one is still operational. Then stop by Vilhelmina (ESNV) to top up your supplies of reindeer meat and smoked fish. Fly up the valley for amazing scenery.

Östersund is another good stop, beautiful views and good food (simulate as desired). On the coast, you have Sundsvall (ESNN) and Luleå (ESPA), the latter with a bit of archipelago.

More archipelago and beautiful water around Stockholm, try Bromma (ESSB) for a base or the flying club at Uppsala (ESKC). Go south along the coast, stopping at Stegeborg (not sure of it is in FSX), Västervik or Oskarshamn (ESMO) before crossing the water to the medieval city of Visby (ESSV). While there check out the old military field Bunge, just by Ingmar Bergmans beloved island of Fårö. Very friendly in real life, good bakery and hostel and a small but good aviation museum! Check takeoff performance _before_ going there if flying in heavy - don't ask me why I stress the point. :)

Make sure you have a good mesh installed.
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds fun ft i'll check a few out. I was hoping for hour or so GA flights and now with this skin some Mustang fun 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Sounds fun ft i'll check a few out. I was hoping for hour or so GA flights and now with this skin some Mustang fun 8)
After posting, I figured that you probably meant to be flying the Mustang, considering the forum section we're in. D'oh! That shrinks the country to manageable dimensions.

If you give me a holler when you are about to embark on your trip up north, I'll fill you in with local colour and trivia. I for one tend to enjoy FS flying more when I know a bit about where I'm flying. I've been to most IFR airports and quite a few VFR ones in this country so I'll be happy to provide that service. I'm not one to pass up on an opportunity to promote Sweden either, it's a lovely place to be... in the summertime. :p

With the J26 Mustang, Luleå (ESPA), Östersund/Frösön (ESNZ, may be ESPC in FSX) and Uppsala/Sundbro (ESKC) are mandatory - those are the airfields where they were based, along with Barkarby which is now closed to build houses for the wealthy. Of course they flew from most everywhere else as the strategy was already then one of dispersing the assets. That includes temporary ice airfields. Operating Mustangs in subarctic conditions provided unique challenges, but they were quickly made to work very well.

The complete AIP is available. It seems they've stopped publishing the excellent VFR Flight in Sweden in the AIC, but it's available elsewhere.

(Of course the offer is extended to all A2A pilots, not only Lewis.)

Cheers,
/Fred
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”