P-51 in P3Dv3

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Demious
Airman First Class

P-51 in P3Dv3

Post by Demious »

I know this aircraft is made for FSX, but I have been able to use it in P3D so far and for me it would be a real drag if I would be able to continue using it, since this is one of my favorite aircraft. (and I bet there are more people who feel the same for this, and other aircraft that werent made for P3D)

What is going to happen to these aircraft? Are we going to just loose them, or is there a trick to get them installed into P3Dv3, or are there going to be new installers for them? I think it would be a real shame if we would loose some of the best aircraft ever made for the flightsim community, over a version upgrade. We're talking here about addons that are irreplaceable, there's nothing else on the market that could ease the pain when we would loose these beauties.

Cheers,
Maarten

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P-51 in P3Dv3

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no plans at the moment for a native P3D simulation, I am sure though that many users are still porting over some of the FSX simulations, I know the 377 seems to run in v3 of P3D.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Demious
Airman First Class

Re: P-51 in P3Dv3

Post by Demious »

That's good to hear, Lewis! :)

I'm a bit hesitant with trying, because of all the warnings I see going around about not installing with old installers and waiting for P3Dv3 installers to be sure things work properly...

I think I found a way, though. For others who have been trying to install with FSX installers. When I tried to just assign the right folder, it didnt work, the installer stops with the message it cant find FSX and there is advised to not use EMT to assign installers to the Prepar3D v3 folder. So I renamed the P3Dv3 folder to Prepar3D v2 and installed with EMT and so far it seems to work. I havent had time to test every detail, but it looks promising.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”