Swiss Mustang Repaint

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Re: Swiss Mustang Repaint

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

When will this be released its an amazing job you've done there.

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

As the owner of this Mustang is a friend, from time to time i have the chance to take some (air-to-air) pictures of his beautiful P-51.
As you can imagine it is always a pleasure to fly in close formation while the Merlin is growling :)

A high quality repaint for the Accusim Mustang would be great. Let me know if i can support with some pictures (i tried to upload some here but it didn´t worked well).

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

cbramkamp wrote:As the owner of this Mustang is a friend, from time to time i have the chance to take some (air-to-air) pictures of his beautiful P-51.
As you can imagine it is always a pleasure to fly in close formation while the Merlin is growling :)

A high quality repaint for the Accusim Mustang would be great. Let me know if i can support with some pictures (i tried to upload some here but it didn´t worked well).
Wow that's cool. It would be great if we could get to see some of those pictures. Pretty please :D

You'll have to use a file sharing or photo sharing platform like Dropbox. Upload the pictures there and the paste the link to the pictures into the "img" brackets.

Thanks
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

First test :)

As most of you know, the Mustang was temporary painted in swiss markings for the AIR-14 Airshow in Payerne.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nice pictures. Man it must be awesome to fly in close formation with that beast!

Thanks for sharing
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

very nice shots! Must indeed be cool to fly so close. What aircraft were you in?
Also an excellent start by Ebo!

One point I would like to make is that those pics show that there is absolutely no shadow on the fuselage above the wings, as there is in the original paintschemes of the A2A P-51D, and in the paintkit. See also the first shots of the paint by ebo.
I never really understood why that was there, and removed it for all my paints. My suggestion would be you do the same for this paint, and remove the exhaust stain as well, modern day warbirds are usually kept very clean, as the pics show. On a final note, there seems to be more white around the nose in real life than in the paintjob.

JanKees
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Thanks for your comments Jankees.

I will make the necessary changes. You are absolutely right about modern planes, having exhaust stains and dirt. They are kept spotless, especially in this case.

Dank je wel!
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

Paul Ruppeiner - chief pilot of the Swiss Hunter Flying Group - joined our formation with the "Patrouille Suisse"- Hawker Hunter Mk.58 to capture some more pictures.

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

[quote="cbramkamp"]Paul Ruppeiner - chief pilot of the Swiss Hunter Flying Group - joined our formation with the "Patrouille Suisse"- Hawker Hunter Mk.58 to capture some more pictures. On the next day the Mustang was flown back to Bremgarten to remove all swiss markings and the annual inspection.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Beautiful images! :shock:

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Very impressive!

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

In October 2014 D-FPSI was recovered from "J-901" back to her "Lucky Lady VII" paint, which is still current. Sadly this Mustang is up for sale since early 2015, let´s hope she will stay in Europe.

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

I'll bring up this old thread as I'm highly interested in the Swiss Mustang repaint.

Could somebody tell me if and where I could download it, please?

many, many thanks!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”