Help please

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Harreec
Airman Basic

Help please

Post by Harreec »

When the P51D first came out from wings of power I purchased it as a download for FS 2004, I also downloaded the P51H when it came out. I have not used FS for a number of years now and I am in the process of resurrecting it. I have reloaded the zipped packages into FS 2004 along with p51 update 1.1 and also an update p51 1.2. Are there more updates to this program I should be looking for?

Will the download from Accu-Sim for the wings of power 3 P51 work with my P51 D wings of power mustang and FS2004 or is it a totally different package?

Thanking you in advance.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Help please

Post by Skycat »

The Wings of Power 3 Mustangs (both military and civilian) can't be loaded into FS2004. For starters, the 3D model is made for FSX and is completely incompatible with older FS2004. Second, AccuSim modules require Simconnect, which Microsoft introduced with FSX.

The Accusim package made for the WoP3 Mustangs will only work with the WoP3 Mustangs.

The original Wings of Power P-51D/H package for FS2004 can be copied over to FSX from your FS2004 install, but you have to do some additional copy-pasting and some renaming of files to get everything to work. The FS2004 flight models aren't optimized for FSX and feel a bit floaty, and the 3D models have a few glitches in FSX.

The Wings of Power II (aka SOLO, aka WWII Fighters: Special Edition) P-51D can either be transferred from FS2004 or installed directly to FSX, depending on the version you have. A few years later, A2A developed an FSX compatibility patch for this model that fixes some cockpit glitches. The WoP2 Mustang is better than original WoP Mustangs in FSX, but pales in comparison to the WoP3 Mustangs made specifically for FSX.

The new "Aircraft Factory" P-51H is for FSX only.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Harreec
Airman Basic

Post by Harreec »

Thank you for the explanation Skycat. Guess if I want to partake with the beautiful accu-sim realism I will have to purchase FSX as well as the aircraft to go with it.

Harry

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Harry,

yes that is correct, things have moved quiet far beyond the old FS2004 technology, if realism is your thing for the simulator I'm sure you will like where FSX and our Accu-sim simulation technology is at the moment.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”