P51 and P3Dv3

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
mac2
Airman Basic

P51 and P3Dv3

Post by mac2 »

Want to buy the A2A P51 (military) P3D does not seem to include a free P51 as FSX did! - but all the online shops suggest it only works with FSX so:
1)Does it work with P3Dv3?
2)If yes how do I install/get it working with P3D?

mac2
Airman Basic

Re: P51 (accu sim) and P3Dv3

Post by mac2 »

Update - I went ahead and got P51 (civilian)and also the accu sim update after reading a few comments from people saying it works in P3Dv3- but just tried to install the P51 on P3Dv3 and it installed with no problems (seems there was no need for a FSX.exe file)and ran all the updates - first flight it worked amazing! - but now when I try to start flights on the runway or in the air eventually all 4 prop blades distort at the ends and I can't seem to start the engines! - any ideas how to fix? (strangely in the airplane selection screen I can sometimes see the props distorted as well!).................?confused!

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: P51 and P3Dv3

Post by Molly - A2A »

Did you install Simconnect?

mac2
Airman Basic

Post by mac2 »

yes was installed for other add-ons.
but now seem to have go it working - by shift+7 lets me repair prop
but where is the manual located? and how to get into thje accu sim options in game - as now can get airbourne but veers to left and crashes every take off!

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi mac,

The manual is in your documents folder under A2A.

The P -51 is a real handful on take off. Barring controller issues, the left veering is normal requiring quick feet with lots of right rudder. This is true in the RL P-51 as well.

There are several threads in the P -51 forum with great advice on handling this bird.

Hope this helps...;-)

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The P-51 is an FSX simulation with FSX native file formats etc so may not work as intended and is not officially supported for the Professional P3D simulation platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

orthi
Airman

Post by orthi »

mac2 wrote:yes was installed for other add-ons.
but now seem to have go it working - by shift+7 lets me repair prop
but where is the manual located? and how to get into thje accu sim options in game - as now can get airbourne but veers to left and crashes every take off!
I had the same prop bending problem you did. It was a sim connect issue in my case. After installing I sim connect for FSX SP 2 I just had to reboot then it worked fine.

Did you give the rudder the 6 degrees of trim? You fly a 1600hp aircraft. That is no Cessna. All that power needs to go someplace. You'll find the manual under All Programs -> A2A.

But if I remember correctly, the trim suggestion is in the shift+2 menu as well...

Mine works just fine and it is the greatest airplane I have in my hangar... hard to master, a joy to fly...

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”