Newbi Intro P-51.

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Gaffa
Airman Basic

Newbi Intro P-51.

Post by Gaffa »

G'day
Gaffa is username, from Perth Australia and I have just 500 hours on FSX, recently I stumbled onto the site - A2A- and was impressed by the tutorial and videos in general of the P51 both Military and Civilian. I have now purchased both aircraft and the workshop. a huge thankyou to the developers of this simulation. Is it accurate and lifelike to fly? Bloody oath it is, as several bent props and damaged aircraft thru my efforts to master take off and landings will testify. Thank God for the workshop.

I now run three screens and my flight gear is the Proflight yoke, rudders and throttle consul, the tower graffics card is a GTX 750TI-DF series card

Looking forward to a TUTORIAL of the AVIONICS in the Civilian P-51, so I can master the system which will make longer flights more enjoyable, do you have such a tutorial in the development works?

Once again, may I thankyou for making available such beautiful and accurately presented aircraft for the simulator pilot to fly. I look forward to all your futher developments.

Kindest regards Gaffa.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Newbi Intro P-51.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Gaffa,

welcome to the forums. No new videos on those planned but if you let us know what exactly you are looking into doing or having issues with we can help or point you in the right direction.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Gaffa
Airman Basic

Post by Gaffa »

Thank you Lewis for you prompt reply, and welcome to the forum.

I would like to see or be pointed in the right direction to an instructional video of the Civilian P-51D do a flight from any airport to any airport using the GPS and landing at the airport using an ILS approach.

I need to see how the radios are set up from the start of the flight to work in conjunction with the flight plan and GPS, and what knobs and switches are operated and how.
I am able to make and load a flight plan from either Plan-G or FSX.
I am able to set the altitude hold and follow a course using the heading bug, but the remainder of the instruments and radios and how they are used to fly in conjunction with the GPS is, at this stage, beyond me.

An instructional video is my first choice as I can follow the video on one monitor why using the main monitor to duplicate the actions why flying the P-51D (civilian).
Hoping you or any other members of the forum can assist.
Kindest regards,
Gaffa

Per ardua ad astra ("Through adversity to the stars"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If your just using the default GPS then for its use you will want to use the FSX learning center and the FSX materials. If you just google how to use the FSX GPS you will come across links like this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbfoiQ7QpHY

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

you can load a Plan-G flight plan:
In Plan-G, Click Files, Export, select FSX, save the file where you can find it.
In FSX, I always select my plane before loading any flight plan, but I guess it's possible to do from the "Free Flight Screen" in FSX. Please note A2A recommends loading a default aircraft, select the airport from where you want take off, then select the A2A model of choice.

Enjoy!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Gaffa
Airman Basic

Post by Gaffa »

Thank you both for your comments and leads.
Cheers

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”