P-51 and FSX information needed

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

P-51 and FSX information needed

Post by Raceguy »

Hello everyone

I need your help with the FSX part of my P-51D cockpit build. The construction has been my focus and I have not logged many hours in FSX for quite some time.

There will be a keyboard and mouse/trackball but I want to minimize their use. I am familiar with the switch functions in the Mustang and they will all be controlled from their respective switches in the pit but I need help determining what FSX options to setup. My main focus is the MIL Mustang but I also have the CIV version so please include that as well.

So, what FSX functions do you regularly access in FSX such as A2A screens, ATC, maps, views (I have TrackIR), flight planner, knee board, you get the idea.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P-51 and FSX information needed

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I think a lot of that is personal preference, but maybe you could get one of those little compact wireless keyboards with the trackpad on one end, strap a map to the back of it to disguise it and place in the map pocket for easy access for anytime you need 100% to use the keyboard or mouse?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Hi Lewis.

I agree. But since I am not familiar with all of the FSX components I am trying compile a list of common commands from the group on the forum. With that information I can then determine what I would want to use. I can then install the correct button, switch or rotary to the Saitek switch panel shown below. There are also a few Mustang switches not used in FSX that I can use for other functions.

Thanks
Ed

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

well for starters here's a couple of default FSX ones;

Esc - Escape
P - Pause (can also use escape as it asked to quit or cancel)
' - ATC
S - Change view
A - cycle view within selected view mode
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Thanks Lewis. I have FSUIPC and LINDA and have dumped the complete listing of commands from both. With hundreds of commands to choose from I'm just looking for suggestions regarding what are popular.

Ed

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

"Shift+P" for push back, quite useful until we get the tow function on the P-51 :lol: :mrgreen: :) :D *wink, wink*
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

gigio1
Airman Basic

Post by gigio1 »

Dear Ed.
First I apologize for my bad English, which unfortunately I have to translate with Google Translate,
because I do not know the language, for me it is a big problem.

I have built a cabin of the Cirrus SR22 Turbo Perspective in scale 1: 1,
I thought that was a good job my own, but when I saw the details of your P51, I felt small little ...
Congratulations on your ability and genius, really enviable. Great!!

I write for several reasons, the first is that I am starting to design a booth P51, in the Civilian version,
But I'm starting with the software first, then when I have all the know how I will begin with the avionics, then the cab, etc ...
I know that it takes years to see the finished work, I have to Cirrus took three years to see it finished ...
So start slowly with P51 and who knows when to finish.
The detail of my work will be compared to my abilities, but I'm happy.

Second reason: Look, look at the Excel file with prototype list of my assignments, mostly for reference FSUIPC.
It is little, but that's something and maybe it can serve you, I state that the Excel file is just beginning.
You'll see the assignments with keyboard key combinations, I use only those with program called "mjoy Mapper"
 It is a free, sees all input cards like jaystik and is easy to be programmed keystroke combination
and change at will when needed, I then find it easier, when action program of FSUIPC, it is as if I used only the keyboard
 and no joystick.

Third reason: I have read on the forums that you are thinking to a monitor to see gauge such as fuel quantity
and more, for what I'm doing and radio panel test well with "FIP Saitek" but with modified software, see
http://www.fipgauges.com he have so many chances and not make conflicts with P51 A2A software.
FIP be small and easy to place anywhere in the cabin.

Fourth ground, what did you think of scenery for visual system?

Thank you very much, congratulations again for your work!

The file to see is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/im2267ucru1a ... kSe7a?dl=0

Luigi

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”