Update

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Update

Post by robert41 »

Quite a change with the new update.
Just a quick flight today.
P51 Mil. 16hrs on the engine. FSXA. Fair weather.
Electric fuel pump gives more pressure.
Starter cranks very slow with or without the GPU. No problem starting.
Startup seems better now. No need to have throttle 3-4 inches up. 1 inch or so is fine now.
More vibrations noted.
Much more torque on take off. She's a handful again.
Biggest thing is the supercharger. Previous I could climb to about 14000-14500ft before loosing MP (46MP,27000RPM) in low blower. And would shift into high blower around 17000ft. Now, I start to loose MP at 12000-12500ft, high blower comes in at 15000ft.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: Update

Post by Roadburner426 »

Good to see I am not the only one to notice.. First time flying in over a year and I did the update before flying. At first thought it broke the plane cause I noticed the fuel pressure is way higher than normal. Almost didn't even get her started.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Also noticed the oil pressure is much lower now when cold.
I set temps to 10F, cold start, the pressure came up slow and stayed in the green at 1000RPMs.
With oil temp at 20C, throttle up to 30MP, the pressure was just above the green area.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I also think ground handling is much improved, although that could just be me on two good days! But it does seem smoother and more responsive to rudder inputs.

Also, RPM drops during mag checks are much easier to spot. Before, the needle barely moved and it now seems more obvious.

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

The mustang handles quite nicely now but I was wondering if there will be any updates that include support for the GTN650 or Mindstar G430?
M.Carter
Private Pilot

wrkempson
Airman First Class

Post by wrkempson »

Running up the engine with the brakes on torques the instrument panel to the left. That is really neat.

It also torques the horizon and scenery to the left. That seems a bit odd.

Wayne

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Jacques wrote:, RPM drops during mag checks are much easier to spot. Before, the needle barely moved and it now seems more obvious.
Ah yes, I didn't add that to the list of new features. The mags were all re-done with the newest code developed for the T-6 and Comanche. This includes all kinds of dynamic fouling (and clearing) as well. It makes mag checks so much more immersive with the new code.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

What have you done A2A!? You took our awesome Mustang and made it..... MIND BLOWING!

Haha! Purchased the T6 yesterday and install the update at the same time... Tried to fly the T6, always crashing to desktop to finally get it to work after running the offline DirectX install provided in the FAQ thread.

Then, I went woa, this is some serious immersion...I could almost smell the unburnt avgas spitting of the exhaust tube! (As I previously mentioned in another thread, I have grown up with R1340 radials as my dad flew Otters...) Love the startup sounds and immersions, but love even more the taxiing experience...

Then, decided to go back to the Mustang to see how it compared to my previous taxiing experience in it... thats the moment I went: Uh-euh!?!!??!, this is not as it was, this is, just as good as the T6, this is, SO much better!!

So I went back on the forum to read the update release notes (Which I always read except this time since I was to in a hurry to try the T6) and realized why I pretty much bought every single accusimed planes over the years... Because they are awesome when released, and only get better over the years!

Gotta love A2A! The only FSX professionals that brings something new with a new release, and do make sure we don't feel disappointed this new "tech" is not on their previous project by updating the whole line of planes currently available to the same standard!

Scott and your team, you guys rock big time!

PS, my wife DOES NOT like you like I do... just so you know...
Stephan

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

wrkempson wrote:Running up the engine with the brakes on torques the instrument panel to the left. That is really neat.

It also torques the horizon and scenery to the left. That seems a bit odd.

Wayne
Glad to hear that I was not the only one to notice that. I thought that I was going crazy :lol: Though I wouldn't have far to go :roll:

Keep smiling
Tug :)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

Confirmed, changes affecting P51D are quite noticeable. I have the civilian model and managed to drain out one battery until successful start. :mrgreen: Outside temp was 57F (14C) I did everything by the checklist except the priming, used to double the time before when it was colder. It didn't work the first time and the second and the third. I began experimenting, it turns out that the meaning of cracked throttle has changed as well, now it takes little less then before. Otherwise the aircraft handles better than ever, the augmentation in fuselage shaking and the sound of the air are incomparable.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

MZee1960
Airman First Class

Post by MZee1960 »

I definitely noticed the Mustang now requires the throttle to be 'cracked' much less than before (10 to 20% of full throttle vs. about 35% before update), and requires much less priming time (cut in 1/2 essentially) for successful start.

On the flip side, I did notice it takes a bit longer once the starter is engaged for the engine to finally fire up. Also I miss the constant 'starter whine' when the electric start was engaged and turning the prop - now I seem to just hear it initially, then all is quiet with just prop turning (at a slower rate than before update, mind you), then engine roars to life once ignition occurs.

The new 'vibration' and 'sound' effects are awesome. You really know it when this bird starts up ..........but the Mustang now seems more of a challenge to start, sometimes even frustrating.
Last edited by MZee1960 on 07 Apr 2016, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
MZee.

A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the airplane again.

maxonly
Airman First Class

Post by maxonly »

I do feel like the fuel pressure comes up too slowly after the update. It takes about three times as long as on Kermit's kermie cam. Maybe I am doing something wrong, since I only flew it once after the update.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

maxonly wrote:I do feel like the fuel pressure comes up too slowly after the update. It takes about three times as long as on Kermit's kermie cam. Maybe I am doing something wrong, since I only flew it once after the update.
Yes I noticed that too. For a moment I thought that I had forgotten to open the fuel cot off :?

Keep smiling
Tug :)

maxonly
Airman First Class

Post by maxonly »

Yes!. I had the exact same thought! :lol:

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

I simply love how the warbirds get better and better with each update. Last year we had the update to the "feel" when on the edge and near accelerated stall in high-G pulls, and the prop sounds when exercising the governor (and other subtle things I'm so used to I no longer consider, no doubt). And now, once again, through minor changes and additions to this-and-that, the old girl once again feels more alive than ever before. I think I managed to accidentally flood the start during my first flight with the new code, something that seemed impossible to do previously - even when I deliberately tried.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”