A few Mustang questions

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
mark767
Airman

A few Mustang questions

Post by mark767 »

Hi just got the Mustang last week and have a few questions about its operation.

1) The notes say to climb at 46" of manifold pressure and 2700 RPM. Is this all the way up in the climb? When I do this I get high oil pressure and oil temp that is pushing close to the red line.

2) I have the oil cooling doors set on auto but they never seem to move, even when oil temp is high. I have to manually open them to cool down ?

3) I installed the Flight1 GTN 750 (as a stand alone unit). Just wondering if it works in the Mustang ? I actually can't seem to get it to show up as a 2D panel so need to fix that problem first.

thanks for the help.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: A few Mustang questions

Post by CodyValkyrie »

mark767 wrote:Hi just got the Mustang last week and have a few questions about its operation.

1) The notes say to climb at 46" of manifold pressure and 2700 RPM. Is this all the way up in the climb? When I do this I get high oil pressure and oil temp that is pushing close to the red line.
First, make sure your engine is warmed up properly. That being said, yes, that is used throughout the climb. Make sure you're climbing at the right airspeed (180 MPH I believe from memory), to ensure airflow and keep things cool. A little bit of a high oil pressure won't hurt the plane, and she's quite capable of going far beyond redline. Keep an eye on oil temp, although if she doesn't cross redline you should be OK.
2) I have the oil cooling doors set on auto but they never seem to move, even when oil temp is high. I have to manually open them to cool down ?
The system is pretty efficient. It should keep you from going over redline, but keep an eye on things. If it gets hotter, they'll open up automatically. If you find yourself going over redline, the doors could be fully open and you're running it too hard, the system has a fault, etc. For the most part, it'll keep you from going over redline.
3) I installed the Flight1 GTN 750 (as a stand alone unit). Just wondering if it works in the Mustang ? I actually can't seem to get it to show up as a 2D panel so need to fix that problem first.
I assume you have the civilian Mustang? The 750 isn't compatible with this model.
ImageImage
ImageImage

mark767
Airman

Post by mark767 »

Great, thanks for the info.

mark767
Airman

Post by mark767 »

By the way the GTN750 absolutely works with the Civillian Mustang. I just deleted the Window[07] with the default GPS and renamed the GTN window to 07 and it works flawlessly. Now it is a 2D GPS and the default remains in the VC but it does work.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Sorry, I should have explained myself better. Yes, it's compatible in that way, it just doesn't have a 3D representation.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, its not a supported integration. We have the 650 integration coming v soon via update for the civ Mustang.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”