Mustang pulls left on takeoff

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: Mustang pulls left on takeoff

Post by Styggron »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Both, with the base you'll get the basic pull you'd expect with a powerful prop and with Accu-sim you of course get the advanced physics and flightmodelling etc.

thanks,
Lewis
Thank you Lewis :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

NL451MG
Senior Airman

Post by NL451MG »

After about 20+ clean reinstalls, recalibrations, and other stuff along that line, the uncontrollable characteristics persist, rendering the P-51 unusable. I have uninstalled it, and do not plan on reinstalling it until a solution that works is found, or until the next update (which ever happens first). Really sucks because it used to be my favorite addon.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

NL451MG wrote:After about 20+ clean reinstalls, recalibrations, and other stuff along that line, the uncontrollable characteristics persist, rendering the P-51 unusable. I have uninstalled it, and do not plan on reinstalling it until a solution that works is found, or until the next update (which ever happens first). Really sucks because it used to be my favorite addon.
oh dear.....this is a worry. :shock:
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

NL451MG wrote:After about 20+ clean reinstalls, recalibrations, and other stuff along that line, the uncontrollable characteristics persist, rendering the P-51 unusable. I have uninstalled it, and do not plan on reinstalling it until a solution that works is found, or until the next update (which ever happens first). Really sucks because it used to be my favorite addon.
Well I hope we get a answer from someone here, as It seems I have the same problem, see my post.

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Mustang pulls left on takeoff

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

51MG, would you like to Skype with me some times this week? I'm in no way affiliated with A2A but I would gladly try to help you as I too have a profound love for that bird... are you setup to live stream?(YouTube live or twitch with an nvidia graphic card or a dedicated screen capture software)

I've bee flight siming on PC since windows 3.1.. so without being too cocky, I've seen my lot of hard to solve bugs and issue...

Let me know if you are interested... no string attached, as I can easily understand that you are probably fed up of trying by now...

Take care...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

OK, how do I remove all the old P-51 files, and do a new install?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Before uninstalling , check your control settings , if controls go through FSX set them as a2a recommend , if in fsuipc , i have ail/ele/rud set to slope3 , then look to your flying technic on this aircraft you need to open the throttle gently , and constantly moving rudder gently left/right in small movements , to compensate for prop torque steer , and get her on main wheels so rudder as better effect , just be patient and practice circuits , and you will succeed .
regards alan. 8)

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

oakfloor wrote:OK, how do I remove all the old P-51 files, and do a new install?
In Windows 7, open Control Panel, run Programs and Features and uninstall in this order.

1. Uninstall A2A Accu-Sim P-51
2. Uninstall A2A Wings of Power 3 P-51
3. Uninstall A2A P-51 Civilian.

After that,

1. Go into the <root FSX folder>\A2A and delete the folders P51 and P51civ.
2. Go into <Your Documents folder>\A2A\FSX and delete the folders P51 and P51civ.

If you had any custom paints for the P-51, you need to delete two folders from the sim manually, if they still exist and it doesn't hurt to check.

Go into the <root FSX folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes and delete these two folders. (Note: At this point you will loose your custom paints)

i) WoP3_P51D
ii) WoP3_P51D_civ

That should remove all traces of the P-51.

Good luck.
Steve.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

If I don't add accu-sim I won't get this model pulling to the left will I or at least not as much right ?
Surely this is only if we have accu-sim due to increased realism yes ?

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Styggron wrote:If I don't add accu-sim I won't get this model pulling to the left will I or at least not as much right ?
If you don't use Accu-Sim for the Mustang then it's a "piece of cake". Straight down the middle of the runway, no problems.

Edit:
This is in FSX:Steam by the way. The only other A2A I have installed there is the Accu-Sim Spitfire. All other A2A aircraft I fly are in P3D, including the P-51.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Styggron wrote:If I don't add accu-sim I won't get this model pulling to the left will I or at least not as much right ?
If you don't use Accu-Sim for the Mustang then it's a "piece of cake". Straight down the middle of the runway, no problems.

Edit:
This is in FSX:Steam by the way. The only other A2A I have installed there is the Accu-Sim Spitfire. All other A2A aircraft I fly are in P3D, including the P-51.
Cheers. Definitely no accu-sim for this then. Thanks for that. I didn't put accu-sim on my Spit. Accu-feel is good enough for me.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Styggron wrote:
bladerunner900 wrote:

Edit:
Cheers. Definitely no accu-sim for this then. Thanks for that. I didn't put accu-sim on my Spit. Accu-feel is good enough for me.
Don't forget, you can adjust the forces acting on all aircraft in the 'Realism' settings.

:wink:

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

bladerunner900 wrote:

Edit:

Cheers. Definitely no accu-sim for this then. Thanks for that. I didn't put accu-sim on my Spit. Accu-feel is good enough for me.Don't forget, you can adjust the forces acting on all aircraft in the 'Realism' settings.

:wink:
Hello
Not sure that helps. I tend to now have them all on the easiest level, you still get p factor on the C172 :)

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Styggron wrote:Hello
Not sure that helps. I tend to now have them all on the easiest level, you still get p factor on the C172 :)
If you mean the A2A 172 then that has Accu-Sim built in and probably overrides the game physics. No choice I'm afraid. The older Warbirds have optional Accu-Sim.

Steve.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Styggron wrote:Hello
If you mean the A2A 172 then that has Accu-Sim built in and probably overrides the game physics. No choice I'm afraid. The older Warbirds have optional Accu-Sim.

Steve.
Would be nice if newer planes also had optional accu-sim as well. The Constellation will I'm sure.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”