New Captain of the Ship Aircraft - Connie L049

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Re: New Captain of the Ship Aircraft - Connie L049

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

I think it's more likely that there will be a YouTube Video first, just like with the T-6 and any other of their products - pictures can only capture so much...

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Lufthansa 380 wrote:I think it's more likely that there will be a YouTube Video first, just like with the T-6 and any other of their products - pictures can only capture so much...
I think so too and then the release of the manual soon thereafter right before release. :)
Cheers!/Andreas

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Woah calm down guys. All we know is that the product was close to being in beta two month ago. At the plane the connie did not have it's definitive sounds and avionics !

I don't expect anything before christmas.
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

Sure, no one is saying it'll be out anytime soon - we're just referring to the typical A2A-signs and procedures, which indicate that a project is pretty close to being released. One of which being the introductory video.
Personally I don't expect the L049 to be out soon - I am convinced A2A will manage to push it out this year but they should take their time as they always do, anyway.

Once again, this will probably become my favorite A2A product - with its two stage supercharger it'll be a beast at high alt. airports such as KTEX or KEGE, which are my two all-time favorites.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

It's been implied pretty heavily that the Connie and more will be released before the end of the year. I don't remember what thread it was in but back in July Scott posted about 'coming back from Oshkosh and pushing the Connie to the finish line', which seems promising for a fall release.

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

How do we measure anticipation? :D

... or then someone is already practising their F5 key ;)
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Aymi wrote:Woah calm down guys. All we know is that the product was close to being in beta two month ago. At the plane the connie did not have it's definitive sounds and avionics !

I don't expect anything before christmas.
http://youtu.be/fK-epSQTY0o?t=21m55s

Scott basically confirms they are aiming for a late summer release, of course it will probably take longer but I doubt it will be as late as Christmas. I'd lie if I said I wouldn't want the Connie ASAP but I know it will take it's time. That's why I love and respect the A2A team because they don't announce stuff years in advance like some other developers *cough!Milviz!cough!* which creates all sorts of anxiety attacks upon the community when it's delayed or scrapped all together. They really made an exception when they announced it at Flightsimcon in June but I doubt they would have if they weren't as far in development stage as they were.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Said something too about they were reworking some of the exterior textures which is why they didn't put up any screenshots up close yet, so I personally figure closer to years end. Curious to see what is going to creep out of the hangars before years end. I too try to swing by once a day to see if there is any change in things. Look forward to the Connie. Hope to see the Seminole sneak in there even though it hasn't been confirmed at all beyond some real life research trips. Knowing the way things have been going though will most likely be stuff completely out of nowhere kind of like how the T-6 and Connie popped up.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

spork
Staff Sergeant

Post by spork »

ImageImage
ImageImage

Kimo
Airman First Class

Post by Kimo »

Really looking forward to this plane.
The beta test could take a bit longer on these bigger more complex planes I think. But that's good take your time :D

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

spork wrote:Image
Where can you by that? That would totally relief my fingers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

offroadn_redneck
Airman

Post by offroadn_redneck »

I'd wait till December if it meant they are working on adding a "hangar" for the 377 :)

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

offroadn_redneck wrote:I'd wait till December if it meant they are working on adding a "hangar" for the 377 :)
Probably no need to wait. If you had the B377 and they updated it, surely it would just be a normal released update for the B377. I recall there was talk that new tech on the Constellation will be benefitting the B377 as well. From my understanding the update will be for "Captain of the Ship". So if you have COTS on the B377 you will get updates and if you have COTS for the Constellation as well, then you get it for that too.

All I can say is the Constellation will be a definite purchase.....and yes, even I will buy Accu-sim with it. This is an example where it is a must for me at least. End of Summer I believe is 21st September so depending how the aim is going. One thing is certain though, A2A won't release it until they ironed all issues out.

As others have said it does seem to follow
1. Youtube video
2. Release of manuals
3. Release of the package

This is a REALLY good way to do things actually. The vids get to show off the work then you get the manual so you can read what the base model does and what the accu-sim add on does so you can make the call (assuming accu-sim is a separate add on to this). The anticipation really builds up. You see the vids you printed and bound and read the manual then comes the package soon after.

I always wait to calm down a little unless of course there is a special discount on launch or something like for people who already have the B377 with COTS etc. Discounts will instantly engage me. :D
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

jime
Airman Basic

Post by jime »

spork wrote:Image

L M A O. Too funny.

jime

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »