New Captain of the Ship Aircraft - Connie L049

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Revd
Airman

Re: New Captain of the Ship Aircraft - Connie L049

Post by Revd »

Need it to arrive round about 21st Sept, that is my 51st birthday (what an old crock eh!).

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Revd wrote:Need it to arrive round about 21st Sept, that is my 51st birthday (what an old crock eh!).
Well... maybe!
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Alan_A wrote:
Revd wrote:Need it to arrive round about 21st Sept, that is my 51st birthday (what an old crock eh!).
Well... maybe!
Wow. That's exciting! It looks like it won't be to long before the release then or?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Well, picking up a theme from the beginning of this thread, the sun is in Virgo until September 22. 8)

Unless you use the sidereal zodiac, in which case it doesn't get there 'til September 17, and stays there 'til October 17.

Assuming, of course, that the little Virgo thing in the original screenshot is still meaningful, or ever was.

So... maybe close... depending on how you define close... and how you define maybe...

Or perhaps, in keeping with the Sully-themed thread, we should give up on astrology and instead examine the entrails of some Canada Geese...
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Revd
Airman

Post by Revd »

I can see us starting to look in animals entrails or trooping over to the Delphic oracle. In Britain we used to have someone called mystic Meg whose popularity finally convinced me that my country people had lost their collective mind, until someone pointed out that if she was so good how come she hadn't won the national lottery. Well anyway, I'm off to read the roons!
Last edited by Revd on 16 Sep 2016, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hehe Mystic Meg, I remember her on the Telly! :mrgreen: :lol:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Revd
Airman

Post by Revd »

Hi Lewis

Well I'm in Wisbech Cambs so I'm not far from you (in fact took the caravan to Lowestoft couple of years ago), and I'm a vicar, so as you'll guess living in this neck of the woods I've encountered every shamanistic, folk religious, superstitious, occultist, supernaturalistic, belief going. Its like the scientific age never actually got to the East of England God bless em! - but frankly none of them have been able to tell when the Connie is due to arrive!

Take care
Neil

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Revd wrote:[...] as you'll guess living in this neck of the woods I've encountered every shamanistic, folk religious, superstitious, occultist, supernaturalistic, belief going.
Yes, I can imagine that Fen Folk can make for quite an interesting flock Neil. Work takes me to the Wash ports from time-to-time (King's Lynn and Boston, though I've never been up the Nene as far as Wisbech) and though I've considered buying a house in the Fens, I can't claim to know the region particularly well. On the subject of astrology, this clip always makes me chuckle; I rather suspect that Dara's not a customer of Mystic Meg's premium rate telephone horoscopes either! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Err, to get back on topic, it does indeed look like more info on the Connie may surface soon...

Revd
Airman

Post by Revd »

Yes indeed

Thanks Nick. Enjoyed that. BTW I hear the hum of 4 antique engines in the distance

Kimo
Airman First Class

Post by Kimo »

Nice I look forward to the Connie reveal stream :D

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

I sure hope the Connie gets an active Flight Engineer like the 377 has. I keep him very busy.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Warbirds wrote:I sure hope the Connie gets an active Flight Engineer like the 377 has. I keep him very busy.
Well I'm pretty sure she will, since Scott talked about her having a whole new crew.

BUT I guess we won't need the FE as much as in the strat since L-049 is not turbosupercharged. That means no turbos, no intercooler, and maybe an easier pressurization system ?

Cheers :D
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Oh the L-049 has its own issues. It will benefit greatly from having an AutoFE, just as the B-17 and B377 do.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I wonder if the crew members in the A2A Connie will have the same warped sense of humor as the co-pilot in my Manfred Jahn DC-3? Some of his comments are pretty classic!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”