Can't Get Auto Start to Work

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
RetiredFE
Airman Basic

Can't Get Auto Start to Work

Post by RetiredFE »

I just purchased the P-51 but cannot get it to start. I want to use autostart but control+e does nothing at all. I looked in the instructions and went to Shift+3 and enabled the cold auto start feature but it still will not start. I've played with the throttle during startup but it still will not start. This is the very first airplane I have had that Control+E doesnt work. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and why Control+E will not work on this airplane. Thanks for your help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Can't Get Auto Start to Work

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Perhaps the first thing to check would be if you've got fuel and lubricants loaded into the aircraft? You'll need to use the shift+4 menu for this, not the usual FSX refuelling menu.

Did you purchase the Accu-Sim pack too. If so, you should download and install the latest update from here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279.

If this doesn't help, please could you let us know which sim platform you've got the P-51 installed into.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Re: Can't Get Auto Start to Work

Post by AerialShorts »

May or may not have anything to do with this but I have some switches programmed on my throttle quadrant to cut off fuel and turn off mags. I also run FSUIPC. If I use the switches to shut down and forget to reset them, even if I activate the valves/switches in the virtual cockpit, in some planes I won't get a start until I set the switches to turn things back on.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”