The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

The "Queen of the Skies"
stiz
BDG

Re: The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

Post by stiz »

one thing i've noticed over the years ... if your a popular dev = damned if you do, damned if you dont! :mrgreen:

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

As most people will have some free days between the christmas days (and money is available :D ), it would be a real bummer if she won't be published before. But for sure, she will be published when she is ready.

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

pylet2000 wrote:As a developer I see the situation they've created here: a highly anticipated yet complex product. The price of teasing details of the development is that we're now drooling for a Connie, and not just any Connie but an A2A Connie. They've set the bar high with basically every previous release, and as a result we expect not only a certain awe factor but also a generally bug free experience too. Which is no small task, developing a complicated software package against FSX / P3D.

Give them time, my guess is they're making sure this thing will work proper on a wide range of platforms, and will meet our expectations based on their previous stellar work. Drool in anticipation, but never harass your friendly developers!

In the meantime, I've been racking up time on the Stratocruiser, getting my chops back into shape for this class of bird. It scratches the itch for now. :lol:

My request was NOT asking for them to "rush it"...my post was strictly saying I think it would be appropriate to give everyone an update. I don't want them to short cut/rush/release before being ready...that would be just wrong. Just a status report...even if it's..."still having issues and don't know when they will be resolved"...I just fail to see how that could be considered harassment...I think it falls under the category of communication with the people that support your business.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Whether your intent or not your posts are coming off a bit on the demanding side which is everyone's point. They don't owe us anything as we are not shareholders and haven't paid any money for the product. If we start demanding and complaining about progress reports then we may get nothing at all until a product is suddenly released. I'd love to see a progress report, the video, the manual and the plane released as much as the next guy but I'm also happy to wait until they're ready. We can be assured that just as soon as there is something to give us, we'll get it. I applaud A2A's commitment to having the product as perfect as possible before releasing it. That's not always the case with other developers. Scott mentioned that they're behind their intended schedule with development which obviously means there are some bugs to work out or there is something else in development preventing release. The video also being behind I suspect has to do with the aircraft itself rather than video editing - they aren't going to show something working incorrectly in the video, they aren't going to show a feature that won't exist on the end product, and they aren't going to show it missing a feature that may have been added after the video was started. Or they're concentrating on the aircraft rather than the video, which is more important anyway. I'd much rather wait until it's working as close to perfect as the team wants it to before purchase. I'd rather wait and dream of flying it than to buy it, have problems and be disappointed.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

It's here when its here, and no amount of whining or complaining will speed up the process.

Unless you'd rather a [certain other developer]-style release which is: "Throw the crap out the door and fix it later, or never if no-one is looking."

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

No...my post was not demanding...however I cannot deny that anyone can choose to interpret any communication any way they want...true or not. I would also reject the comment "...they don't owe us anything...", there is a basic business rule that says there are three groups that any business must consider as their top priority...The Customer, The Employees and the Stockholders/owners (in that order).

Again...this has nothing that "demands" they rush the product...not where I'm at...just that once you've committed to an event, and it doesn't happen, good business practice says you need to update.

All the other stuff in your post I agree with...still just seems appropriate to publish an update to your most important group.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

No date has been committed to for anything though. If it's the video you're most concerned with not being posted yet, two weeks ago Scott said:
Scott - A2A wrote:The vid is taking a lot longer than I had hoped but I expect to have a draft for the team to review over the weekend. Then we have to make a few more beta builds and we'll be very close....

You may not have seen that particular thread which may be part of the confusion.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

chill guys... we're on the A2A forums, not on Facebook ^^

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

MarcE wrote:chill guys... we're on the A2A forums, not on Facebook ^^
"Like" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

The Connie is a highly anticipated product and people are impatient to try it. Nothing wrong :P
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

It seems to me that A2A are damned if the do, and damned if they don't. If they don't tell us what's next, they get hammered with all sorts of speculation. If they do tell us it's like kids on the way to a holiday. "Are we there yet??" "Are we there yet??" "Are we there yet??" "Are we there yet??" "Are we there yet??" "Are we there yet??"

I'm impatient to see it too, but I don't agree that there's any imperative for an update, regardless of announcement. I'm guessing this is the most complex plane ever attempted, and I daresay there's last minute glitches. Let's all take a chill pill.

Take a deep breath and relax, be 8)
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

The calm before the storm :P

F5F5F5F5F5
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

That is pretty funny Nick. Figured it would be Slow Ride, Take It Easy the song. Wasn't expecting that, but very funny and applicable none the less. :lol:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nick M wrote:Take it easy! :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You gotta love this show!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”