Kwitcherbitchin around the world - Complete!

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: Kwitcherbitchin around the world - Complete!

Post by AviationAtWar »

Thank you!

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Well done! Now instead of living through you for my round the world ventures I guess I have to get off my butt and do it myself. Can't believe your main bearings are yellow at only 94 hours? I know in my military P-51 my engine is jacked up cause I have gone in to a couple flat spins that left me falling out of the sky inverted causing my oil pressure to go to 0 for a time. Civilian model has 334 hours with bearings green, and cylinders green across the board (59-61psi). I think you are tracking about using a high power setting for climb. As soon as I am off the runway with gear retracted in the Civ I always pull back to 46". Was no problem to keep it going though. Was excited to see you finish it. I don't always get to fly all the time so I like seeing other people fly to keep the dream alive.

As far as all out failures go I have never seen any myself except the generator. I was flying back from Dubai one time when after getting back in to the US the generator died, and I was on battery power only. Obviously reduced electrical load as much as possible and made it back to my home airport with barely enough to keep the radios and lights on. Other than that I have had red hyd/oil leaks myself and other than the consumption being really high. I have never let it go though beyond it just going red. Guess when I do mine we will see since my magnetos, fuel pump, and oil pump are all yellow currently.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I'd be interested to see what would happen with yours as far as failures if you're starting out with some yellow parts and high time on the engine. Hopefully you'll start a thread if you decide to go!

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I will do a thread if I do since it seems to generate some interest. A lot of us have varying levels of hours on the aircraft, and it seems long term reliability is thus far unknown. My screenshot taking abilities are not very good as I am not artistic, but will definitely do my best. To be honest if I am going to kick that off on the 22nd or 23rd I probably need to get to flight planning over the next week or so. Programming routes in the GTN650 does take some time and effort.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Congratulations on the completion of the trip, good to hear the Mustang treated you well and thanks for the great photo journal of the adventure 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”