Mustang instrument use

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Mustang instrument use

Post by Raceguy »

Hello everyone

I am finally nearing the end of my P-51 cockpit build! It was planned to be a 6 month project and as I near the 20th month I hope to have it complete soon. :roll:

I have spent a lot of time building my pit, and doing house projects for the crew chief, and not much flying. Most of you are MUCH more familiar with FSX and the Mustang than me and that is where I need your help.

All of the controls available in FSX/A2A are being modeled except the gunsight. I have a good grasp of the common units but what I am not familiar with is what the AN/APS, IFF and Detrola units can be used for in FSX.

I would appreciate any help you can offer on how you use these units.

Thank you
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Mustang instrument use

Post by DHenriques_ »

Raceguy wrote:Hello everyone

I am finally nearing the end of my P-51 cockpit build! It was planned to be a 6 month project and as I near the 20th month I hope to have it complete soon. :roll:

I have spent a lot of time building my pit, and doing house projects for the crew chief, and not much flying. Most of you are MUCH more familiar with FSX and the Mustang than me and that is where I need your help.

All of the controls available in FSX/A2A are being modeled except the gunsight. I have a good grasp of the common units but what I am not familiar with is what the AN/APS, IFF and Detrola units can be used for in FSX.

I would appreciate any help you can offer on how you use these units.

Thank you
Ed
We yanked all this out of our Mustang replacing it with more modern avionics.
Basically the AN/APS would have been your command set, the IFF would equate with a transponder, and the Detrola although coupled through the command set was a low frequency receiver only used mainly for the old low frequency and Adcock radio ranges no longer is use.
Basically for FSX use the AN/APS would equate to a more current VHF set, the IFF to a Transponder as noted and there really would be no equivalent for the Detrola in the FSX code. Loosely stated, you could equate an ADF unit to replace the Detrola.
Dudley Henriques

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Re: Mustang instrument use

Post by Raceguy »

Thanks Dudley!

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”