attempt at aerobatics

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

attempt at aerobatics

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Thought i would try aerobatics , they where not good , landing was my worst , aircraft behaved as if it was in a high crosswind , and it started to stall just before touchdown , so i ended up forcing it down before a full stall got a hold , then i found out to add insult to injury , when i started ASN EGLL weatherstation was not showing , but it was when i checked at the engine shut down , this always messes up the weather , and can sometimes interfere in various degrees with the aircraft i am flying, i dont think it was responsible for bad aerobatics , that was just me getting it wrong , last time i did aerobatics in a p51 , was in an aircraft that was not as well done as this A2A , hence this aircraft was not as forgiving .

https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/96552118

regards alan. 8)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: attempt at aerobatics

Post by Jacques »

Was this an accelerated stall? How hard were you pulling the stick back as you approached the top. I'm not qualified to say, but the wing drop just prior to the flat spin and tumble made me think of accelerated stall.

You extricated yourself out of the wild ride quite nicely, though!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: attempt at aerobatics

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Jacques.
Regards to the wingdrop ,i was not expecting that to happen,i had turned away from the runway , so it was behind me , my intention was to pull it back into a loop , and at the top of this loop , i intended to roll out , with runway infront of me , i think i let my speed bleed off to quickly , which going by the external replay , shows wing vortex , indicating a wing stall , then the out off control spin , dont ask me how i got out of it , all i know is i kept the power on , and just played with the controls , till she recovered , it was more luck than skill , thats all i can say on that , and it all happened very quickly.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”