Visible tilt to the left / Mph gauge ?

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
FlushDraw
Airman

Visible tilt to the left / Mph gauge ?

Post by FlushDraw »

Hi all, just bought this (civilian) on the A2A sale and it is amazing. Bought it along with the accu sim expansion for the P-51. Few questions, there is a very noticeable tilt to the left at all times. Even with full right rudder and a lot of right rudder trim I cannot keep it on the runway. Flip to the outside view in flight you can see a tilt to the left as well. Any ideas? I also see in the manual and the notes popup with F2 everything is in Mph. Wondering if there is a way to have the air speed indicator display Mph instead of Knots? Last question, any tips/links for approach/landing I could take a look at? I haven't been able to land it yet but learning a new aircraft is part of the fun. Win 10 and FSX if it helps.

Thanks,
Mike

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Visible tilt to the left / Mph gauge ?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Have you got FSX+SP1+SP2 or FSXSE or FSX+ACCELERATION , also did you update the aircraft with the latest update.
Also this and the mil version , i have the mil not the civ , are very hard to fly , and you need to learn the correct way to fly any A2A aircraft .
Also what is the fuel tank setup you had at the time , as this dictates the takeoff trim settings , and dont forget to keep aircraft in trim regarding fuel usage.
The prop produces a lot of torque so before you release brakes , lock the tailwheel , increase man press to about 30 while keeping back press on your stick , release brakes and let the aircraft pick up speed to about 30 mph before you gently increase throttle to max green , and ease of the back press on stick , and let the aircraft liftoff on its own , as she climbs raise the gear.
regards alan. 8)

FlushDraw
Airman

Post by FlushDraw »

Thanks Alan, it is FSX Gold edition I am using. Trying this again now making sure to keep the stick a little aft of center until I build up enough speed. On all my attempts so far, wing tanks around %70 (each) and under carriage %50. Rudder trim was 6 degrees and elevator trim 2 degrees nose down. I already learnt the hard way about rotating to early so will let the aircraft lift off on her own for sure. Install order was plane, accu sim expansion, latest A2A update. Should I still be seeing a tilt to the left in cruise though?

Thanks,
Mike

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Strongly suggest removing all fuel from the fuselage tank while learning how to take off with the mustang. Full wing tanks help also by removing a little bit of the liveliness for the first few runs.
When in cruise at cruise power, center the ball with rudder trim and then adjust aileron trim. It shouldn't need much, provided the fuel balance is not too far out.
Cheers
Trev

FlushDraw
Airman

Post by FlushDraw »

Thanks all, just completed my first successful flight. "When in cruise at cruise power, center the ball with rudder trim and then adjust aileron trim." took care of the plane appearing tilted during cruise. Loving this plane more and more as I learn. I have bought everything A2A has put out out since the C172 and I got spoiled with just being able to open the <shift> 2 menu and have successful flights right from the start (for the most part anyway) Thanks again, time to take her up for another spin.

Mike

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

FlushDraw wrote:Hi all, just bought this (civilian) on the A2A sale and it is amazing. Bought it along with the accu sim expansion for the P-51. Few questions, there is a very noticeable tilt to the left at all times. Even with full right rudder and a lot of right rudder trim I cannot keep it on the runway. Flip to the outside view in flight you can see a tilt to the left as well. Any ideas? I also see in the manual and the notes popup with F2 everything is in Mph. Wondering if there is a way to have the air speed indicator display Mph instead of Knots? Last question, any tips/links for approach/landing I could take a look at? I haven't been able to land it yet but learning a new aircraft is part of the fun. Win 10 and FSX if it helps.

Thanks,
Mike
http://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/ ... enterline/

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”