i cant steer the aircraft when taxiing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EmoSk8erAvi8or
Airman Basic

i cant steer the aircraft when taxiing

Post by EmoSk8erAvi8or »

hey im having a hard time steering in the p51 civilian. it wont steer when i tilt the stick during taxi

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: i cant steer the aircraft when taxiing

Post by DHenriques_ »

EmoSk8erAvi8or wrote:hey im having a hard time steering in the p51 civilian. it wont steer when i tilt the stick during taxi
Do I understand correctly when you say "tilt the stick" that you are attempting to turn the airplane on the ground using the stick? I'm also assuming that you are not using a stick with a twist rudder function?
If this doesn't apply you should be using a rudder function either pedals or keys to taxi the aircraft.
If you do have a twist rudder, try calibrating the controller and see if that helps.
D Henriques

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Also to add, make sure to unlock the stick lock. Located at the bottom of the stick or in the shift 3 panel. And of course this aircraft does not have a steerable tail wheel. Need power, rudder and brakes to taxi. And make sure auto rudder is off in FSX settings.

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

P-51 tailwheel is steerable, 6 degrees either side of straight ahead. For a sharper turn you push the stick all the way forward and it becomes full swivel. A2A's models that nicely.

Use rudder pedals to steer, plus differential brakes when in swivel mode.

In a real '51 you can break the tailwheel swivel locking pin if you don't push the stick forward and try to turn sharply...or you will roll the tailwheel tire over and get a flat. That won't happen here.
Blue skies and tailwinds

mattsta
Airman First Class

Post by mattsta »

Tailspin45 wrote:P-51 tailwheel is steerable, 6 degrees either side of straight ahead. For a sharper turn you push the stick all the way forward and it becomes full swivel. A2A's models that nicely.

Use rudder pedals to steer, plus differential brakes when in swivel mode.

In a real '51 you can break the tailwheel swivel locking pin if you don't push the stick forward and try to turn sharply...or you will roll the tailwheel tire over and get a flat. That won't happen here.
How do you set up differential braking?

One my setup, the period key (.) is used for braking but it brakes both wheels together

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

I'm curious, do you have Accu-sim or just the basic P-51?

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”