New update vs Rudder

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
MaxZ
Senior Airman

New update vs Rudder

Post by MaxZ »

Hello everybody!

I got myself the Civil-P51 recently, and Installed it to P3D where I already have the militäry one. Then I ran the very latest update (07-15-14Update) and came across a problem.

At first I installed the P-51mil,
then P-51 Accusim
then the Update,

After that I got the P-51civ
Installed the plane,
then Accusim again (it's the same Accusim for both, mil&civ)
and then ran the update again.

and now I have no Rudder controll anymore: I can see the Rudder-pedals moving in the cockpit, I can see the Rudder itself moving in an outside view. BUT it has no effect. It doen't matter how hard you push it, it does not work; neither on the ground nor in the air.

I checked if it was my hardware or the Keys and Axis assignments, but they are just fine. The controls also work with any other plane. A2A or non-A2A, but the P-51Ds

Does anybody have a clue for me what to do?
Greetings from LOWL,
Max

EDIT: Both planes work perfectly fine when any other Accusim-Core-Update is installed.
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: New update vs Rudder

Post by Scott - A2A »

Max, remove your Mustangs from your SimObjects / Aircraft folder and from your A2A folder. Then install the Mustangs, Accusim pack, them the 7/15 update. Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

Roger that, will do. Thank you very much!
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I've been having the same issue but only with the military mustang. On take off rudder is nonexistant and the plane veers off the runway everytime. Civilian mustang works fine.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Andrew, when you installed your Mustangs, you installed the Accu-Sim pack last? Then the 7/15 A2A Update at the top of the forums?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Scott,
The problem has since been fixed but I installed p51 civ then p51 mil then accusim then restarted then installed 7/15 update. I had to Uninstall the complete mustang 3 times and on the 3rd install everything seems to be working. I'm thinking it may have been a simconnect issue. I was having simconnect errors only with the p40 and p51 military while running an atis program that also uses simconnect. I'm guessing the old school military radios don't jive with the atis program Cuz it works fine with the civ mustang.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

I'm having a similar problem, however, I don't have Accusim for the Civlian P-51. The only products I have it for are the C172/PA28. It seems that with this update, rudder has no effectiveness whatsoever. Animations look just fine, control lock removed, autorudder off, but the only way I can steer is with differential braking regardless of stick position; and naturally, just swerve off the side of the runway on takeoff when differential braking can't overcome it anymore.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,
what did the installer say about the P-51? If you have it installed in FSX without the Accu-sim package it should not have been detected or updated.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,
what did the installer say about the P-51? If you have it installed in FSX without the Accu-sim package it should not have been detected or updated.

thanks,
Lewis
Don't believe it said anything, and simultaneously I've noticed that all of my Cherokee interior sounds have disappeared as well. Guess I'll be reinstalling everything :P

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Actually, now this is repeatable for me and is also true for all of my A2A Products (C172, P28A, and Civilian P-51).

Following the instructions of:
INSTALLATION ORDER:
1. Aircraft
2. Accu-Sim
3. Accu-Sim CORE update
1) Uninstalled, C172, P28A, Civilian P-51; rebooted in between.
2) Installed C172 that includes Accu-Sim, P28A that includes Accu-Sim, and Civilian P-51 (do not own Accu-Sim for it)....rebooting in between. None of the 3 aircraft have interior sounds except propeller (no switches, etc...or are these excluded for the non-Accu-Sim version?). Verified in-game and aircraft volume turned up. However, Civilian P-51's rudder/tailwheel steering does work.
3) Installed 07/15/2014 Accu-Sim CORE update. Rebooted. P28A and C172 interior sounds work fine. P-51 only has a propeller and canopy sound, but the bigger however is that rudder/tailwheel steering no longer works.

Please help! Granted, I'm a new owner of the P-51 and P28A, are these products simply not meant to work together on a system simultaneously if one (the civilian P-51 in my case) does not have Accu-Sim? :?

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Tried uninstalling all of my A2A products last night and reinstalling with the instructions above, however with the P-51 first then C172 then P28A. Same result with no internal sounds until I install the Accu-sim core update, but then I lose tail wheel steering on the P-51.

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

I have also tried installing my aircraft in the following order this evening (uninstalling them in between each trial)

1) P-51 Civilian without Accu-Sim
2) C172 with Accu-Sim included
3) P28A with Accu-Sim included

1) C172 with Accu-Sim included
2) P28A with Accu-Sim included
3) P-51 Civilian without Accu-Sim

1) P28A with Accu-Sim included
2) P-51 Civilian without Accu-Sim
3) C172 with Accu-Sim included

No change in behavior for each. The P28A and C172 have no sounds while P-51 Civilian has functional tail wheel steering until I install the Accu-Sim Core Update from 7/15. Then the P28A and C172 sounds function normally but I lose control of the P-51 Civilian tail wheel.

Lewis, do you have any other ideas or can you offer anymore formal assistance? I'm at a loss.

Thanks.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Don't know if this will help but any time I have had an issue with the B-17, mitilary P-51 or the 172 all I had to do to correct it was to restart FSX, load an original FSX aircraft then choose the A2A aircraft of choice. After doing this all worked the way they were designed to.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Tug002 wrote:Don't know if this will help but any time I have had an issue with the B-17, mitilary P-51 or the 172 all I had to do to correct it was to restart FSX, load an original FSX aircraft then choose the A2A aircraft of choice. After doing this all worked the way they were designed to.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Thanks, unfortunately have tried that with a default aircraft/airport with no effect.

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

Uninstalled the P-51, P28A, and C172.

Reinstalled the P-51, and just the C172 followed by the Accu-sim 7/15/14 updated with the same effect. Tried the same with just the P-51 and P28A also with the same result.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”