P51 got the jumps!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

P51 got the jumps!

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

In the last update after installing the core, the mustang is jumping all over the place a lot during taxi. Can we adjust the contact points a bit? None of my other aircraft are doing this and my sim settings have been the same with all the core updates but now this last core update has got my 51 jumping like a frog on a hot tin roof! lol.
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P51 got the jumps!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it wont be the contact points otherwise everyone would get it. Is this at all airports?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

I thought that too and thought it might be the orbx free airport pack for this airport (KHEF) but my other planes hardly jump at all here at this airport but only occasionally when changing views and not all the time but the mustang jumps during taxi, at different speeds and just about every time I change the views.
This is the first time I've had it this bad with the stang and never had jumping issues with other aircraft no matter what airport I was at.

I'll check some other airports as well and let you know.

Hopefully someone else can check to see if they are having this prob with the mustang at this airport. (KHEF)

If anyone checks this out too then please make sure you have the orbx free airport pack and the updated library files installed too so that everything matches then we'll see if they are having the same issues. If so then it's probably the scenery.

On another note, one thing I do know for sure is if your sitting on the ground and let the sim settle down after a minute or so and then press your Y key to go into slew and the plane moves at all then the contact points are not right and that's the same on all models. I have only TWO models that when hitting slew mode on the ground no matter where I am the plane does not move or (raise up) at all like most do evident from the external views. I have yet to see hardly anyone take the time to get this done correctly. They can do it sure but just don't take the time to do it and that in itself can cause problems. Just sayin!. :wink:

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Are you in P3D by any chance? I ask because I had a different contact point issue with the P-51 in P3D 2.X - on initial load, it'd sink into the pavement and/or give me a gear collapse, no matter what the prior state of the aircraft was. The only cure was to load a different aircraft first, then switch to the P-51. Now that I'm back on FSX it's not an issue. So if you're on FSX, this probably won't be helpful - please disregard.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Hi Alan, thanks for the hit.
Yeah I'm using fsx-Acc Maye I'll try that anyway who knows. I haven't had time yet to try at another airport either so I will later.

Alan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Is it part of one of the freeware FTX Global packs? Do you have a link I can try it here.

thanks,
Lewis

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

OK Lewis here's the pack I have installed: (North American Airports)
Freeware https://fullterrain.com/freeware/global

Then I put the Library Files in as it says to do this after any addons of scenery so that they all get updated.
Freeware Orbxlibs: https://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

Today I unchecked all the addon stuff through the Scenery menu in the sim and just used default scenery but I do have REX installed like for the runways and stuff like that but I don't want to unistall that because it takes forever to install it again so that's the only thing I have running right now and the plane is still jumping around especially when changing views. Never seen it this bad ever.

~A~

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

I had this problem in the past and the fix was to set the mesh to 10 meters in the settings. Lower settings would give the "jumps". This may or may not be your problem but it is a very simple thing to try.

Hope this helps.

Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Post by FlameOut »

I have the same problem at this airport as well as all other ones because I have my Terrain Mesh set at 1 meter !
There is "Forum Evidence" or rather hearty discussion for setting FSX Mesh to anything except 1 meter at many FSX Forum sites.

It really does not bother me per se. I just take or do only a few "View Switches" after start up and taxi out to the active.
I live with it.

I also will get the wild rapid "Slew" while using the Y key.
I have an old humble and rumble MS Force Feed Back II joystick from many moons ago.
I have to make sure that the stick is absolutely "centered" and then the P-51 "Military" version, or other aircraft, will stand perfectly still while using the Y key.
It is a wild ride if I touch the stick with too much pressure.

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Thanks Mazo... That seem to do the trick so far! I'll be damn. I never had this problem so I never really checked online about it. Thanks man! :mrgreen: I just hope it fixes all areas no matter where I fly and by the way it looks... I bet it will.

-------------------

Flameout,: Yeah I don't have an issue with my joystick in slew mode but what I meant is if your just sitting there and hit Slew the most aircraft will raise off the ground a bit... well after hitting slew key again to go back to normal that when the plane was *also* jumping around trying to get back level again. I never seen that either but so far the 10m trick seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks fellas! 8)

~A~

PS I'll try more places and see how this works.

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Great!! Glad that it worked for you. :D
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Post by FlameOut »

...most aircraft will raise off the ground a bit...
I meant to say that in my post. :oops:

It will hover at what appears to be 1/2 ft. and will settle back to the ground after hitting the Y key again and will not do as you described:
...when the plane was *also* jumping around trying to get back level again.
Do you mean that after the aircraft settles back to the ground that it keeps jumping up and down in the vertical plane only or does it also move in the lateral plane too?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh yes the mesh setting, I always forget about that one. I'll still have a play with it Alan and thanks for the link to the airports been meaning to install them for an age!

cheers,
Lewis

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Flameout: Yeah just up and down as if it were taxiing down the runway. and also it was jumping bad on all view changes no matter what the views.

Lewis: They have some really nice work in those airports to be freeware actually. Now your *age* has come as u say so now you don't have anymore excuses for delaying to install them! lol

One thing though... these airports have been installed before the new core update and I never had any issues with this back then and all my setting were full except I only run the water on Mid2 or whatever it is... as there's really hardly any difference with it on High or max and that's it. Never any probs with this and only noticeable after this new core. Again i'm just saying and trying to zero it in. Shouldn't have to reset sliders to hide a problem but if thats what it takes then so be it. I can live with that.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Confirmed - after installing the newest update from yesterday - Accu-Sim Update 3_27_16, my P-51D (Civ) started jumping like a grasshopper :mrgreen: even when standing still on the tarmac. ( It is anxious to go flying) :mrgreen:
I can also confirm that reducing the mesh setting to 10m does the trick. I have not tested entire flight with taxi and landing, but the jumping when parked has stopped. :wink:

P.S. I use FSX Acceleration with FTX Global Base

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”