Strange landing sound/plane jumping after loading

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
joedu
Airman

Post by joedu »

Hi folks,

everytime I load the Mustang I have three to four times a strange landing sound and the plane "jumps" a little bit. I have tested this on several airports. I am running FSX Acceleration (boxed, with ORBX openlc and global vector and the FTX mesh) on Win7 64bit and - yes - I have the latest update installed :) . I always load the flight with the Ultralight and then switch plane. I have recorded a vid where I first load the ultralight and then switch to the Mustang. There you can see and hear what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xLClwjvOCM

I have the same behaviour with the Commanche but not as annoying and as pronounced as with the Mustang. With other planes I don't see this behaviour.
Do you have any idea what this could be?

Joerg
Joerg

Image Image

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Strange landing sound/plane jumping after loading

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Try reducing the mesh setting to 10m under you FSX settings. I used to have the same issue, when I bought the P-51 and those settings worked for me just fine.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

joedu
Airman

Post by joedu »

Hi Will,

thanks for the answer. That seems to do the trick. :D

Greetz,
Joerg
Joerg

Image Image

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

I am glad it did. Happy flying your Mustang. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying. And just a note that this can affect all aircraft differently sometimes, so if you experience it again try playing with the setting again.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

joedu
Airman

Post by joedu »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Good to hear, happy flying. And just a note that this can affect all aircraft differently sometimes, so if you experience it again try playing with the setting again.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks for the tip, Lewis. Will do this.
Joerg

Image Image

Legion
Airman

Post by Legion »

joedu wrote:Hi folks,

everytime I load the Mustang I have three to four times a strange landing sound and the plane "jumps" a little bit. I have tested this on several airports. I am running FSX Acceleration (boxed, with ORBX openlc and global vector and the FTX mesh) on Win7 64bit and - yes - I have the latest update installed :) . I always load the flight with the Ultralight and then switch plane. I have recorded a vid where I first load the ultralight and then switch to the Mustang. There you can see and hear what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xLClwjvOCM

I have the same behaviour with the Commanche but not as annoying and as pronounced as with the Mustang. With other planes I don't see this behaviour.
Do you have any idea what this could be?

Joerg

I wish this was the solution for me. I moved the slider as mentioned but FSX will not load up any longer as it takes a heavy hit on the performance

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I don't see that as the problem in you case. My P-51 does that as well. It seems like that is the normal loading in of a complex aircraft from a default that is a tricycle to the P-51, which is a taildragger. If it kept jumping around, that would be annoying! My answer isn't definitive, though, because I have a high tolerance for annoying circumstances. :D
Maybe another opinion is necessary!

edit-- But then I just saw your other post...so, yes, more opinions are necessary!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Legion wrote: I wish this was the solution for me. I moved the slider as mentioned but FSX will not load up any longer as it takes a heavy hit on the performance
You may need to play with your other settings, then but remember the mesh setting is not a full on or full off, you will need to tweak it to your own system.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”