P51 exterior sound

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RacingBoss
Airman

P51 exterior sound

Post by RacingBoss »

I posted this a couple of years ago and did not really get any responses other than make sure the plane is up to date. Well it is up to date and it still does this thing in the exterior camera where it sounds like some of the lower rpms are missing. Here is a video of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSdrtKTXkkw Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P51 exterior sound

Post by Jacques »

It sounds that way for me too. I can only guess some weight savings being made, which makes sense as the majority of the time you are in the cockpit, in which case the full span of engine sounds can be heard.
Still, externally, you get idle, full throttle, backfires and exhaust cooling sounds, which about covers it for me. That small transition from idle to the flight power I’m definitely in the cockpit and not outside!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RacingBoss
Airman

Post by RacingBoss »

Jacques wrote:It sounds that way for me too. I can only guess some weight savings being made, which makes sense as the majority of the time you are in the cockpit, in which case the full span of engine sounds can be heard.
Still, externally, you get idle, full throttle, backfires and exhaust cooling sounds, which about covers it for me. That small transition from idle to the flight power I’m definitely in the cockpit and not outside!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, you're the second person to say this. Glad to know it's not some issue with my plane. My T-6 does the same thing. Both planes are piece of art! That sound gap is the only thing from preventing them from being perfect. The rest of the features more than makes up for it!

Mischa
Airman

Post by Mischa »

I also have only sound within the cockpit. Never have had any issue with all the other A2A aircrafts so I'm wondering what the reason maybe.
Cheers,
Michael

ImageImageImage[/url]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Mischa wrote:I also have only sound within the cockpit. Never have had any issue with all the other A2A aircrafts so I'm wondering what the reason maybe.
Can you start a new thread so we can help you troubleshoot, as you should have sound for sure.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mischa
Airman

Post by Mischa »

No more need for a new thread. After a new installation of the P51 everything is fine and it is airborne again.

Thanks for this wonderful bird!
Cheers,
Michael

ImageImageImage[/url]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, happy flying

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”