P51 racing mustang

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Re: P51 racing mustang

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Lee, I think you underestimate the effort that goes into aircraft design.
You can try, but expect to be busy for more than a year with it.

Use this forum to get an idea of how aircraft are designed:
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/categ ... design.61/
Greets, Marius

Lee Milan
Airman

Post by Lee Milan »

Okay seriously somebody needs to make an A2A Simulations Racing Mustang! If you modify the engine and power scalars the engine goes wacko! There are racing fans out here but there are no realistic race planes out there anywhere! I love your products but it's annoying me that you guys can take the time to make a normal p51d mustang but won't be bothered to even take time to even try to make a racing mustang! I understand that it takes time and work but if you can make a normal p51 then you can sure as hell do it with a racing mustang! We need something here! Please just try! You have race fans out here, if you love your customers give them something that they are looking for! And for some of us all we want is a damn racing mustang!

Lee Milan
Airman

Post by Lee Milan »

Okay seriously somebody needs to make an A2A Simulations Racing Mustang! If you modify the engine and power scalars the engine goes wacko! There are racing fans out here but there are no realistic race planes out there anywhere! I love your products but it's annoying me that you guys can take the time to make a normal p51d mustang but won't be bothered to even take time to even try to make a racing mustang! I understand that it takes time and work but if you can make a normal p51 then you can sure as hell do it with a racing mustang! We need something here! Please just try! You have race fans out here, if you love your customers give them something that they are looking for! And for some of us all we want is a damn racing mustang!

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Wow, what an attitude.
Have you never done anything yourself or where does this entitlement come from?

These guys are working extremely hard to produce the best GA aircraft available for any flightsimulation and do so successfully. You on the other hand didn't even bother to respond to the help above.
Nobody in the real world is gonna spend many thousands of hours just because you snip your fingers. Especially not when you let them know you feel entitled to it.

I strongly suggest you go and try making a basic 3D model of a Mustang. With that attitude you'd probably give up way before the first part would be recognisable.
And if that doesn't set your mind straight, I'd keep my thoughts to myself if I were you, cause in the long term this sort of behaviour is just going to make you a laughing stock in every aspect of life.
Greets, Marius

Lee Milan
Airman

Post by Lee Milan »

You know that's great advice I'll take note of that!! And I take it you've been in that position yourself???

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

No, but then again, like almost everybody else in the community, I attempt to change things I dislike myself instead of making a scene.
And even if I don't get anywhere, I nicely ask for help. This is what flightsimming and these forums are about.
Greets, Marius

Lee Milan
Airman

Post by Lee Milan »

I'm sorry for snapping I was just frustrated and wanted to say something. Didn't mean for it to come out like that

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Well if it won't happen again don't worry. The most important thing is that you learn from it.
You'll find the community much more enjoyable then, as well :)
Greets, Marius

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Let me attempt to break down the amount of work this could take, why you probably won’t see a racing P-51, and how A2A works.

1 - In order to build a racer, they’d need full access to one. We’d need to record audio for the engine, all switches, knobs, etc.
2 - In order to model the aircraft, they’d need to fly it. Almost every racer is different, and further those engines are souped up, usually single seaters, and highly modified. It would be rare for A2A to be allowed access into the plane, record several flights, without having the pilot onboard. Let’s say that theoretically they did though, then we could put the aircraft through several paces such as stalls, etc. How many pilots would allow their rare modified racers through that?
3 - Now that’s done, A2A must build an engine model including all systems. They might be able to extrapolate some data from the previous Mustangs, but because these aircraft are so modified, much of that data might have to be thrown out and rebuilt. That means we’d need as much data as possible which requires more time with the aircraft, and data directly from the pilots, first hand experience, and the mechanics. If the aircraft has an injection system for speed, we’d need as much detail on that as possible.
4 - While that’s happening, the modelers are attempting to model the intricacies of the aircraft, and since they’re so unique, again even if they used the original models they’d probably have to be highly modified.
5 - Once the model is built, they’d need to extrapolate all that data and tie it to the animations in the cockpit, make sure those animations are correct, and everything matches the data they’d received.
6 - Now you have to test it all. This can take months.
(Much of this is explained shorthand, but it’s a basic idea).

Each primarily member of the team has hundreds if not thousands of hours invested. Each member needs to earn a living from this work, so let’s say there’s just three people building it, and they’re only making $15 an hour. Let’s assume each person spent a years worth of man hours (2,080), and let’s do some simple math:
2,080(hours per year)x$15x3=$93,000 (that’s before taxes do to income earning)
The airplane sells, and let’s assume the price is about $60. Due to the small market of this aircraft, I could assume maybe 1,000-2,000 sales. 60x2,000= $120,000 in earnings. Further, assuming each member only put a years worth of time into it, they’ve only earned 120,000-93,000=$27,000 additional (again taxes not counted). Each person only earned $31,200 for their work for a year, and the company only accrued an additional $27,000.

Compare that to the sales of a stock Mustang, or 172.

Of course that’s super rough math, and taxes were not included, which would basically soak all that extra money up. You’re basically not building your company. This is not including all the problems even trying to get access to such a plane.

Basically, it’s unsustainable. There’s no they’d take this on because it’s not feasible to grow your company, and AT BEST they might break even.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

You won’t be able to modify the A2A P-51(and it is against the EULA), but it may be possible to modify the default P-51. Have a look here: https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/08/ ... ttle-push/
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Or use the racer that comes with FSX-SE or Acceleration.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lee Milan
Airman

Post by Lee Milan »

What do I change in the .cfg if I want my aircraft to go faster without messing up the flight controls?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

:D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lee Milan
Airman

Post by Lee Milan »

What?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Lee, I don’t think that is something you, or I could ever do without really messing up a really fine aircraft. You would need a background in creating aircraft for simulation and a very firm understanding of the coding involved.
There was nothing malicious in the smile, it was just me smiling!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”